Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Going grey  (Read 11703 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Going grey
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »

I've got loads grey in my blonde hair,
It's so fly away too.  >:(

I've decided to keep my hair in the ‘natural ‘ way  that it wants to go, and just grow it.
I've always parted my hair on the left side, going against my ‘natural ‘ parting on the right.
I just always thought I looked better with it that way.
But for the last 12 months or so, I'm finding it harder and harder to control it, it just wants to go
where it wants to, and that's from the right side., so I've decided to go along with it. :o
I haven't got the energy anymore to bother about it. So, sod it, it can bloody well go where it likes,
I don't care, but I'll have the last laugh if it continues to get on my nerves, I'll have it shaved off!
That'll show it, won't it? Lmao....  ;D ;D ;D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2018, 07:07:48 PM »

It's now 9 months since I coloured my hair and I like it.  Its grey from my forehead back to my crown now and I just twist it up and clip it. The clipped up bit is a brown!   My friend who I dont see too often said she loved my hair now. I pointed out the brown bit and she said her daughter has just paid a fortune to get her hair done like that - ombre effect! 

I think once you are past the first inch or so its OK.  I am still using the Touch of Silver shampoo and conditioner.

Ladybt28

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2018, 11:24:14 AM »

Todays hair dyeing day - needs done - my lovely husband "Vidal Campbell" will be getting his rubber gloves out!

Lanzalover

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2018, 04:19:06 PM »

;D

Lanzalover x

AgathaC

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2018, 04:45:48 PM »

There is a Canadian crime writer called Louise Penny. Look at her hair if you have dark hair and are going steely grey. She has a really neat bob cut and her hair looks super. I think going grey naturally is fab but you must keep it well groomed and cut regularly if possible. If your hair is long, I think it's easier to transition to grey if you take some inches off. Literally takes less time. Google Louise Penny and see what she looks like. Very elegant.

Chocolatemilkshake

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2018, 07:34:58 AM »

Darling hubby said yesterday that he will treat me and pay for me to get my hair dyed... to save me looking so old...  ;)
Not sure this growing out  my dye is working out...

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2018, 09:09:32 AM »

i am still getting nice compliments about my hair.  last week I met a hairdresser who was showing us swatches of hair colours and there was one exactly like mine!  My friend was with me getting her nails done and her hair has been grey for years but the back is still light brown.  The hairdresser was saying she could colour it all a grey shade using plant based dye. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]