Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Primodos  (Read 1096 times)

Dibleydo

Primodos
« on: February 22, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »

Hi Everybody,Shoot me down if I'm completely off track,I was watching a programme concerning the use,trials,pros and cons of Primodos on the tv and was quite alarmed to see the chemical contents although not the strength was the same as my HRT patches Everol Sequi, as I know how knowledgable,informative and straight talking the members of Menopause matters forum are, thought I would ask for your opinions on this,thanks 

Hurdity

Re: Primodos
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 08:51:17 PM »

Hi - I know nothing about this and haven't looked into it but just had a quick glance on the web as no-one had responded yet! However firstly the components are not exactly the same. The progestogen component is identical - norethisterone - but the oestrogen is different. In Primodos the oestrogen is ethinylestradiol - the same as in many CCP types, but in Evorel sequi it is estradiol - bioidentical to our own oestrogen. Secondly the concern is not due to the safety of the hormones per se, but Primodos was used for pregnancy testing back in the  1950's to 1970s before current tests were available and the claim is that it could have caused birth defects in unborn babies when used in women who turned out to be pregnant. That seems to be the gist of the concern or complaint from what I can (quickly) gather. In your case - using HRT - nothing to worry about on that score ie because it has nothing to do with pregnancy and foetal development.

Hurdity x

Dibleydo

Re: Primodos
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:18:26 PM »

Hurdity, Many thanks for all your information and detail,your answer was on par with my thoughts but I needed   another view from someone else,do appreciate you taking the time for me.