Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fed Up - Age 49 - Probiotics - Die Off - Herxheimer Reaction ?  (Read 6359 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: Fed Up - Age 49 - Probiotics - Die Off - Herxheimer Reaction ?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 05:50:32 PM »

How often do you take Diazepam? Has the detox took all of the Diazepam out of your system maybe and your body thinks you are detoxing?
I'm sure Diazepam has a long half life so it will be have accumulated in your body and then the detox has happened and rinsed it all out.

clarissa

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 09:00:05 PM »

Hi I just thought I would chip in even though this is a few months old.  I am aged 49 and have suffered terribly with the dreaded candida etc for years.  My symptoms have eased but only by removing sugar, dairy, wheat, all grains of any kind I haven't had alcohol in years.  My diet contains no processed food at all because as I have got older I just cannot digest them.  I eat a paleolithic diet  (the only one that works for me) I don't take probiotics because of the horrendous symptoms from them and the die off.  I have got used to living this way and whenever I diverge and (treat) myself the symptoms return.  For instance the last time I ate bread I was asked if I had a black eye!  On the plus side I have lost 2 and a half stone and am never hungry.
As a fellow sufferer can I just say oestrogel is the only thing that seems to have helped overall.  The symptoms I get when I take progesterone for 2 weeks are feeling low. brain fog, anxiety, anger, fear and occasionally seeing things out of the corner of my eye which is slightly creepy.   I do find symptoms ease off a bit after day 5.   I feel a bit groggy and sleepy on it but emotionally hyper if that makes any sense.  Oestrogen however seems to calm me down and make me feel a lot more level.
I also work part time from home although I do meet friends a couple of times a week and I also force myself to the gym or at least a yoga class when I feel really bad.  I book myself a cheap massage or facial every 6 weeks at the local college.  My sister is three years older and remembers the hell of what we are going through and assures me it does get better even the feeling so low.  I am hoping she is right, hang in there!   :)   

EnglishRose

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 05:11:10 PM »

Hi I just thought I would chip in even though this is a few months old.  I am aged 49 and have suffered terribly with the dreaded candida etc for years.  My symptoms have eased but only by removing sugar, dairy, wheat, all grains of any kind I haven't had alcohol in years.  My diet contains no processed food at all because as I have got older I just cannot digest them.  I eat a paleolithic diet  (the only one that works for me) I don't take probiotics because of the horrendous symptoms from them and the die off.  I have got used to living this way and whenever I diverge and (treat) myself the symptoms return.  For instance the last time I ate bread I was asked if I had a black eye!  On the plus side I have lost 2 and a half stone and am never hungry.
As a fellow sufferer can I just say oestrogel is the only thing that seems to have helped overall.  The symptoms I get when I take progesterone for 2 weeks are feeling low. brain fog, anxiety, anger, fear and occasionally seeing things out of the corner of my eye which is slightly creepy.   I do find symptoms ease off a bit after day 5.   I feel a bit groggy and sleepy on it but emotionally hyper if that makes any sense.  Oestrogen however seems to calm me down and make me feel a lot more level.
I also work part time from home although I do meet friends a couple of times a week and I also force myself to the gym or at least a yoga class when I feel really bad.  I book myself a cheap massage or facial every 6 weeks at the local college.  My sister is three years older and remembers the hell of what we are going through and assures me it does get better even the feeling so low.  I am hoping she is right, hang in there!   :)   

Sorry for the late reply
Everything went once I stopped ALL supplements
Took 3 days.
I tried another probiotic a month later jud one and had the derealiation again.

So yes bit miffed bc I wanted to get thr good bacteria into my system again as last time I did this I just felt physically sick...no mental die off symptoms.

I am <18 oestrogen
FSH 70
Progesterone 20

So that's telling.

I wonder if the fact I'm now Oestrogen deficient has anything to do with why this attempt was so horrific mentally compared to the previous and successful attempt.

I've always had a sweet tooth ... addiction to sugar sucks
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 05:16:47 PM by roseenglish »
Pages: 1 [2]