Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling low, anxious, self doubt- not feeling like me- HRT patches  (Read 2302 times)

NuclearScientist

I could have written a post I found on here, it described exactly how I have felt. I am a scientist by profession but my feelings of low mood, self doubt and anxiety especially at work have now been explained by the information I found here.

I took a step back and thought logically and realised that the symptoms I had been experiencing were not me but as I found from studying various posts were related to the HRT patches I have been taking. I was given Evorel Conti for the last 3-4 months because my chemist could not obtain Fenseven Conti, after starting HRT this time last year. I am a scientist with 25 years professional experience but at times I have not been able to think straight and have been doubting everything about myself and thinking there was something wrong with me. On top of this I have had regular feelings of exhaustion.

Thank you for the wonderful depth and quality of information that I found which helped me.as a result of this I went to my Doctor and asked to change from Evorel Conti to a different progesterone that is in Femoston Conti. All from reading posts on here. Thank you so much. I started on new treatment last Friday and already feel like me again. The constant tears have gone. I have never doubted myself in my life the way I have the past year.  I understand now that the HRT may not have suited me. Thank you for sharing information which has helped me.

Cazikins

Re: Feeling low, anxious, self doubt- not feeling like me- HRT patches
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »

You are very welcome NuclearScientist & glad to have you with us.
Hopefully things will continue to improve for you.
I am on Femoston conti ultra low dose but in tablets & they suit me very well.
Keep posting so we know how you are getting on.
Cazi x
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:55:07 AM by Cazikins »

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 09:12:13 PM »

Marvellous so pleased for you.keep posting and reading it'll do your self esteem a power of good too and I'll bet you'll soon be able to help other ladies in need with your experience.xxD.D

NuclearScientist

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 09:42:44 PM »

Thank you Ladies for your encouraging replies. It has been so reassuring to have this source of advice and help. I couldn't understand why I felt the way I did. Reading other people's experiences and the advice given led me to understand what was happening to me and to take action by going to my Doctor. I am so glad I found this site.

Nikkisyard

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 11:38:35 PM »

:welcomemm:
Welcome!! And good luck on your journey to find balance xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 05:38:09 PM »

Hi NuclearScientist

:welcomemm:

So glad you are feeling better already - long my it last! Evorel conti (patches) do seem to be problematic for some women judging by the responses on here..

Also very pleased you find the forum helpful :)

Hurdity x

NuclearScientist

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »

Dear Hurdity
Thanks for your response. I am on Femoston tablets now with better type of progestogen thank to helpful advice on here, been 2 weeks today but while the tearfulness and anxiety is much improved I keep getting a real weak feeling in my head and exhausted feelings too. Does anyone have any advice

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 01:05:34 PM »

I think when we change HRT there is a period where the body has to settle down to the new regime.  Sometimes in the first couple of weeks all sorts of other things appear that we weren't expecting and we think "oh no" this isn't right either but everyone says 3 months to really see if something is working.  Everyone's different but I reckon the weird head and the exhaustion will pass - stick with it - you seem to be on the right track  :yipi:

NuclearScientist

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 01:15:35 PM »

Thank you so much LadyBT28. I do expect instant difference sometimes but the weird weak feeling in my head I could do without.

Ladybt28

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »

NuclearScientist - this "weak feeling" in your head.... Is it sort of fuzzy or do you feel like you can't get control of your thoughts inside your brain or is it actually your actual head on top of your neck that feels weak?

NuclearScientist

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 05:17:43 PM »

Thanks for your reply. Its a fuzzy feeling almost dizziness. I've never had this before.sometimes as well it's hard to think straight.  It's not weakness related to the  head on top of my neck.

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 06:42:11 PM »

As Ladybt28 says - it does take a while to settle down - remember you have changed both the mode of delivery - so you're getting your oestrogen in a different way and tablet oestrogen metabolises differently as it goes through digestion and the liver so your body needs to adjust to that. In addition you have changed the progestogen type and again the mode of delivery. I do tend to get a fuzzy head when I am on the progesterone phase of HRT anyway but with tablet form and dydrogesterone (in the Femoston) and the fact that lower doses are needed than with progesterone itself - hopefully your fuzzy feelings will clear? I sometimes get a sort of dizziness too when on the prog part but can't quite place it. See how you get on but if it doesn't settle there are other options eg a Mirena coil along with separate oestrogen ( contains the same prog as Femseven), or you could try cyclical HRT if you could bear to have a bleed? Hopefully you will be fine with this one though :)

Hurdity x

NuclearScientist

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 10:39:43 AM »

Thank you for your advice. I am only 1 week in to the new tablets and not two as I said in my initial email, but the strange head feeling is with me. I am on Femoston Conti 0.5/2.5mg.  How do I know when I am in the Progestogen phase? I am on day 8 today. Is there any reading material you can recommend that explains the cycles.
When I was on the pill which I was from age 28 to age 52 I didn't get any of this strange head feeling. I have not had a bleed for 4 or 5 years and then it was practically nothing as I used to take the pill for 3 months then have a week off and suffered with migraine always in the pill withdrawal week. I have found my headaches have greatly improved on HRT and it was only going from femseven to the Evorel Conti that the headaches came back quite badly. I had a book I bought on hormonal contraception and migraine from Migraine Action Association which gave great explanations of phases.
I am pleased not to have the low feelings and self doubt that I have had the past year. I just want the strange head feeling to go.

NuclearScientist

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 10:51:28 AM »

I should also say the main reason I thought I needed to change to HRT was that I was getting horrible underarm sweating with bad BO. Only that no other flushing. As I have been taking pill from age 28 to age 52 I have no idea if in menopause or not except for sweaty armpits- I have never sweated with BO. My hormone levels at blood test last year coming from Loestrin contraceptive pill 20 mg oestrogen 1 mg progesteronevwere inconclusive. Serum LH 49.7 serum FSH 87.6. Dec 2016.