Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: very dry skin due to meno  (Read 2186 times)

Poppi

very dry skin due to meno
« on: February 17, 2018, 02:14:31 PM »

Hi Girls
Not posted for a while but since Christmas and starting Elleste Duet 2 (which isn't working btw, still having night sweats and raging mood swings but have GP appointment so not too worried) my usual combination skin has become VERY dehyrdated feeling tight all the time. Went to a salon where I go occasionally (when given a gift token  :thankyou:) had a mini facial and beautician said my skin was soaking up all creams like a sponge. She gave me a sample of the expensive brand they use in salon and even that isn't helping.
Do any of you girls have similar probs and/or any solutions? Do you think it's due partly to HRT as well as menopause?

I'm putting on the original Oil of O pink cream about 6 times a day on top of a sunscreen which I put on first thing. Isn't life a ball of cherries  :-\

Poppi x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: very dry skin due to meno
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 03:45:24 PM »

Yep.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils, skin, vagina  :o - watch out for the latter!  We have threads here about *that* 1!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »

Everything drying out is normal - even with HRT. Winter time is the worst, with drying, icy winds and central heating sapping the moisture out of your skin. HRT does help a bit but taking Omega 3, vitamin D and eating really well can also help. Oil of O is a very light moisturiser - I'm not surprised your skin is drinking it.  I've found the Clinique ‘Smart range' has helped me - it's rich, you only need a small amount (a little goes a long way) and it gives my skin a lovely glow. I know we aren't supposed to talk brands but it's difficult not to sometimes. Go to a Clinique counter and ask for samples - they will usually give them.
I smother my body in Neutragina unscented body moisturiser after my shower every day as well, or I get terribly itchy.

The menopause does get very costly in so many ways. DG x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 03:56:11 PM »

4 me it was my insteps.  Years prior to hormones dropping.  OK during the day until I took off socks prior to getting into the bath  ::) and my back.  DH scratched gently every night below my neck as far as my waist.

Poppi

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:51:26 PM »

That 'll teach me to watch what I wish for as my Granny would say!! I wish my oily/combo skin would come back now.

Thanks ladies, least of my worries tho and is easily sorted (with help of Mr Poppi's purse ( :cupcake: and maybe  :cancan: in return dearest hubby?  ::) )

Yes, my sister said Oil of O is mainly water and that will explain it's lack of help. I like a cream to have a nice smell, have tried Clinique and it worked very well but maybe try Clarins as I do like its fragrance. Will try and let you know.

CLKD, the "other" has bothered me for years and soapy "stuff" goes nowhere near there due to making things worse! I am very clean and have cream to help that area out (won't try THAT cream on my face tho'  :rofl:)

Poppi x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »

You'll fit right in ...... it's good to laugh  :lol:

Smitten

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 08:27:48 AM »

One thing I find really helps with moisture is the addition of an oil or serum under the moisturiser, may be worth a look! The blue orchid oil is fab!

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »

I agree with that smitten I use boots no 7 serum not cheap but makes a huge difference to my skin on face,it's fine now everywhere else with hrt but I like good stuff for my face,vanity lol.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 11:57:56 AM »

Use it sooner rather than later, i.e. B4 skin gets itchy.

Poppi

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 12:06:26 PM »

Yes, I've always been a skincare junkie and swing from cheap n' cheerful to expensive - vanity and comfort now a necessity so expensive winning this time! My skin is actually uncomfortable now and my eyebrows are diminishing by the day, anyone else notice their eyelashes are actually pointing downwards  :'( ?

On a happier note, I am to be a Granny in 20 weeks - YAY !! (is another 20 weeks time to get my face as smooth as Baby P's bottom ? lol )

Poppi x

Poppi

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »

Where do I get blue orchid oil? Sounds fab x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 12:09:02 PM »

Oh a menopause baby (that is, a Forum baby).  :bunis:

We use plain old Vaseline hand cream for everything, other than Savlon for wounds  ::)

Granny swore by Zinc and Caster oil or dettol

Poppi

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 12:24:09 PM »

Do you think as a new Granny I should start a book of recommendations too CLKD ? ;)  feel I shouldn't really swear, baby P's daddy would tell me off  :-\ xx

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 01:59:09 PM »

LOL - as well a baking soda for burns, made into a paste and put over the area. 

Smitten

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »

Where do I get blue orchid oil? Sounds fab x
:clapping:

Not sure if I'm allowed to say a brand some so appologies if not but its Clarins :)

Another skin care junkie here Poppi I'd rather walk around in rags a spend on skin care  :yes: :yes: