Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Coming off elleste duet  (Read 3586 times)

Hippychxi

Coming off elleste duet
« on: April 27, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »

Hi I'm new to the site so still finding my way around so forgive me if this has been asked before but is it ok to just stop taking elleste? I'm suffering from painful bloating and heavy bleeding (been on elleste since sept 2017) and have just seen my doctor who said to stop taking the tablets now. Having done a few google searches that recommend cutting down I'm worried about doing this. Im 50, had the usual hot flushes tiredness and anxiety pre hrt but have also suffered and had medication for depression in the past. Thank you for any help you can give.

Tiddles

Re: Coming off elleste duet
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »

Hi Hippychxi

After suffering unpleasant symptoms including those you describe on the second (progesterone) half of the month on Elleste Duet , and on the advice of some very knowledgable ladies on here, I asked to change to Femoston.  I am on Day 3 of this new brand.  I was told by the GP to finish the Elleste packet before starting the new Femoston because it would mess with my cycle otherwise.

Did the Elleste relieve any of your other symptoms?  If so, it seems a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water for the GP to suggest you just stop taking HRT rather than looking at alternatives to that particular brand. From what I've learned on here, the brands are not all the same by any means so just because one brand has caused you certain problems, doesn't mean all brands will.

If you were getting benefits from the HRT in terms of it controlling other symptoms a better way forward might be to ask for a different brand that is less likely to cause the unplesant symptoms you describe.

How long did you take the Elleste for?  And were the unplesant symptoms associated with the second (progesterone) half of the month? x

Hippychxi

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »

That's the brand my doctor mentioned I'd go on if my symptoms were still there after stopping the elleste. I took the elleste to stop night sweats hot flushes and anxiety and it has helped with those tho I'm still having mood swings. It takes ages to get a doctors appointment here and I'm unsure what to do this evening when I'm due to take my next tablet. 😳

Tiddles

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »

I'm by no means an expert but on this forum the advice I've seen has been to continue to the end of the packet and then change, same as my GPs advice. Difficult one for you and I sympathise with your problem about getting a GP appointment. Are the symptoms too unbearable to put up with until you can get the Femoston prescription?  Do they outweigh the benefits you've had from the HRT ? x

Hippychxi

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 05:36:52 PM »

Hmmm good question I'm thinking I'm going to come off them gradually as every site on the internet advises this so menopause symptoms don't come back worse. Thanks for your answers