Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and Ovulation  (Read 1956 times)

Lalb1

Anxiety and Ovulation
« on: March 01, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »

Well I've felt rubbish again the last couple of days, sicky,shaky,achy more than usual, spots in scalp that swell and itch and cause glands in neck to be sore and I've noticed I'm highly anxious! Just gone to add these to the app I keep track of symptoms.. lo and behold I see that these types of symptoms have happened every month in the last 3 months within 2-3 days of when I should be ovulating.
Currently on here as I'm in panic mode, feeling very anxious,palpitations and sick. I know it's all symptoms causing this and hormones I just scare myself.
Doing the deep breathing etc, finding anything I can to try and stop the shakes.

I hate how all this is happening and I feel so low. I just want to feel well, I don't want to ache, I don't want to worry about every symptom.  Tried getting a docs appt today and can't get one for a week . ☹️
Sorry for moaning .. anxiety making me a little off tonight.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:40:52 PM by Lalb1 »

aspie65

Re: Anxiety and Ovulation
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:11:09 AM »

I suffered this at ovulation and during PMT week.  It is very hard to manage as I believe it's essence is biological and relaxation etc will only go so far to soothe.  When you see your GP consider HRT or the mirena coil to help.  In the meantime I found keeping myself safe and as relaxed as possible the best medicine.   Distraction may help too, perhaps watch something funny as laughter is a good antidote.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »

In a normal menstrual cycle, immediately following ovulation, oestrogen crashes and some women are sensitive to this. It then starts to rise again over the next week before falling again in the week leading up to menstruation. Also following ovulation progesterone also starts to rise to a peak and then drops away again like oestrogen. If ovulation doesn't happen then you could still be experiencing fluctuations in oestrogen although progesterone is not produced. In peri-menopause the symptoms can be felt more extremely. At least if they are cyclical you know it's probably your hormones and nothing serious, although you are right to consult your doctor to get checked out if you are concerned about your symptoms.

Have you read this article about the peri-menopause and what happens to your hormones and ovaries?

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-mainly.php#perils

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 12:16:11 PM »

Have a  :bighug:

How is your diet over-all?  When I suffered intense PMT in my mid-30s, NAPS advised eating every 3 hours.  That's every 3 hours, 24/7. To stop blood sugar dropping which may cause that awful sicky feeling.  I found bananas and other slow release foods, dried fruits and nuts, Dextrose tablets, really useful.  Until I got used to eating every 3 hours even in the night, the sudden 'oh I'm going to be sick' feeling struck often pre bleed.  I even had to ask in a chemist for their loo  :o.

I had a  :scottie: at the time, who soon learned that there were biscuits by the bed in the early hours: she had to go out pee around 3.30 so I would be feeding a hedgehog with baby, then inside to a biscuit each  ;D.  Even now I try to eat B4 my body requires feeding to stop that awful lurch and I haven't ha da period for years.

Snoooze

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »

I'm currently ovulating and am particularly achy today.

Lalb1

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 04:45:17 PM »

Knowing the symptoms I'm experiencing are cyclical does help but in the middle of the night it's all feeling so much worse. I know that's all part of the anxiety too.
My diet is pretty decent, have recently cut out chocolate for a month, cut out alcohol again for a month and I make sure I eat 3 meals a day , always lots of fruit and veggies. I had been having crazy carb cravings, wanted toast,wanted pasta but am trying to substitute those now.
Yesterday I felt horrendous, all achy and low mood.
Woke up today and mood feels brighter and not as achy. Definitely round ovulation I feel worse. Then before period.

Spoke with my mum today and she was saying she went thru feeling rubbish for about 3 years before she was all done at 48. I thought it was later but guess I'm on par. 😕

dangermouse

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 05:31:35 PM »

Yes once you can accept it's temporary it is easier to ride out the rough times. The anxiety can otherwise add to our physical anxiety and make everything seem more overwhelming.

Snoooze

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »

Touch wood my anxiety has been much more under control since last October. It's still there in the background but for a time, it was 24/7 so hopefully you will feel better soon. It's obviously hormone related.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:23:39 PM by Snoooze »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »

If you have cravings, why not eat?  Listen to your body.  If there is a pattern, then don't deny your bodies needs.  That can increase anxiety.

3 meals a day is fine, try spreading out what you eat so that you eat more often throughout day/night.