Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Miraculous improvement in facial skin condition  (Read 1521 times)

Tiddles

Miraculous improvement in facial skin condition
« on: February 07, 2018, 01:46:45 PM »

Hi
I am very new to this site, new to HRT this week, new to actively trying to do something to improve my menopausal symptoms so I haven't got much to offer yet except perhaps this - my one success at combatting a menopausal symptom to date - which might be worth a try by others who've been suffering the same.

After being lucky enough to have fairly 'good' skin all my life, it took a drastic turn for the worse about 3 years ago, age 53.  I can now see that the change coincided with peri-menopuase but at the time I would look in the mirror and think "So this is it.  It's all down hill from now". I thought it was an inevitable, albeit very unwelcome part of ageing.  I had developed redness across both cheeks and tiny puss filled pimples.  Somethimes it itched and makeup made it look worse. It could have been a number of things - I didn't go to the doc- I just avoided the mirror. It wrecked my confidence.

About a year ago quite by chance I was given a number of free testers of skin care products I'd never used before and completely unlike my usual stuff.  They weren't hypoallergenic produts, and were far more fancy and expensive than the type of thing I usually used. But given the state of my skin and feeling I had nothing to lose, I ditched my old skin care products in favour of the new ones.  I changed everything - face wash, cleanser, day creams, night creams, eye creams, exfoliator, serum, BB cream - the whole kit and kaboodle in favour of the new stuff.  I liked the feel and smell of the new products and my skin felt less irritated so when the testers ran out I invested in a couple of products and continued to NOT use my old stuff.

My skin didn't actually look much different straight away. But a miracle happened! Gradually it started to improve month by month and a year later the change to my skin is dramatic and wonderful! The redness and pimples are no more and the new skin is smooth and even. I think it's actually now better than it was before peri-menopause! It has really helped my confidence. Given that my skin was pretty good for all the years before peri-menopause I don't think my old products caused the problem.  I think a new phase in my life which afftected my whole body including my skin, needed a new approach. So the point of all my rambling is to say that if you are suffering similar, completely changing your face products and seeing what happens after a few months might be worth a try :-)   x

Snoooze

Re: Miraculous improvement in facial skin condition
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 02:15:58 PM »

What was the product you used?

Tiddles

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 02:21:33 PM »

Hi Snooze

I didn't like to say in my original post in case mentioning product names wasn't allowed but they're Decleor. :-)

Smitten

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »

I love the Decleor balms and oils! Glad you're seeing results! :)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:44:46 PM »

It sounds as if you had Rosacea. Thanks for giving those of us with skin problems some hope!

Taz x  :thankyou:

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 08:26:02 PM »

I find boots no7 serum is really kind to my skin as everything burns me because my skins so thin now.x