Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sage for hotflushes is working for me  (Read 7441 times)

Ruby10

Sage for hotflushes is working for me
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:11:38 AM »

I have been taking sage at a high dose for a week now and have started to see a big difference in the hotflushes. I am not getting them as bad now which is a relief, I just hope they continue to  work. :)

Salad

Re: Sage for hotflushes is working for me
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »

Good news! Long may it continue  :D

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »

Ruby10 - Are you peri menopausal? DG x

Ruby10

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 08:13:20 PM »

DG. Yes I am peri

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »

The peri stage is when the hormones fluctuate so meno symptoms come and go giving the impression that these remedies are helping.
Alternative remedies are not without some risks so do be careful.
If Sage made a significant difference it would be prescribed by our doctors.
DG x

alibeau

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 12:25:52 PM »

Hi,

I am peri too.  I thought that my 'lady magnet' had helped but it hadn't, it was just that my symptoms were fluctuating.

I would be interested in trying Sage though, would you mind telling me which brand you are taking? and perhaps the strength too?

Thank you!

Ali x

Bea66

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »

The peri stage is when the hormones fluctuate so meno symptoms come and go giving the impression that these remedies are helping.
Alternative remedies are not without some risks so do be careful.
If Sage made a significant difference it would be prescribed by our doctors.
DG x
I've been taking ultra sage for a couple of months now.  I'm in full on menopause, and they've been a life saver for me!  Started working after about a week, and now having no night flushes.   I can even wear cosy pyjamas again.  And sleep.  They may not work for everyone, but they obviously do for some.  My GP is happy and fully supportive, following several failed attempts at hrt.

Bea66

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »

Hi,

I am peri too.  I thought that my 'lady magnet' had helped but it hadn't, it was just that my symptoms were fluctuating.

I would be interested in trying Sage though, would you mind telling me which brand you are taking? and perhaps the strength too?

Thank you!

I take Vitabiotics Ultra Sage, one a day, it works for me for hot flushes.  I don't  know that it makes a difference to any other symptoms, but it's definitely stopped the flushes!
Ali x

alibeau

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 03:28:35 PM »

Hi,

Well I started taking Vitabiotics Ultra Sage over a week ago and my flushes have pretty much stopped.

I am Peri though so at the moment I have no idea if the Sage has worked or if my symptoms just passed for now.....

Either way, I'll continue with the Sage as it's not overly expensive and keep everything crossed that it is a miracle cure ;-)

Ali x

dangermouse

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »

Herbs can be very effective and a lot of forward thinking GPs do recommend them. I had one who used to actually scribble the herb name on a scrap of paper and give it me like a prescription with a little nod and a wink to keep it to myself!

He's retired and would probably be struck off now for not following the rigid rules!

Samade

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »

my consultant unofficially recommended sage, it was great for a couple of months and then stopped working. Next time I saw her, she said a lot of the herbal alternatives gave relief for a short but not long term

weathergirl

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »

ruby10 - good to hear.  I'm glad it's working for you.  There are a lot of natural ways to support our bodies in this time.  My doctor recommended sage as well.  I haven't yet tried it.  But he's very conservative about 'alternative' treatment, so for him to recommend it, it must mean he's seen good results in patients.  Good luck!

Bea66

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 10:20:19 AM »

For what it's worth, I'm still doing well on Sage.  It's been a good few months and my night flushes are gone.  I've even been using a hot water bottle!  I guess I've been extremely lucky, but after trying virtually everything else, I'm just glad to have found something that works.  I still get the odd flush during the day, and obviously it's not going to stop any other symptoms, but the night flushes are gone, and I'll take that :)

slayer

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »

Hi guys

started having sage pills about 3 weeks ago and not really seen any difference with my hot flushes. Do I need to give it more time or is it just not the right treatment for me.

this is all new to me and i'm only 44.

Andrea63

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »

Hello,
I am new to this forum.  My doctor in Switzerland prescribed Sage in "essential oil" form.  I have been taking it for 10 days and it seems to make a little difference.  I am also taking Cimifemin fort ("Cimicifuga racemosa" - roostock).  I'll let you know how I fare in a few months.
Best wishes from Geneva!
Pages: [1] 2