Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Perimenopause advice please  (Read 4003 times)

Michaelapeel

Re: Perimenopause advice please
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 05:26:37 PM »

Hi after reading non stop on this site I have fianally had the courage to post my situation. I'm so confused.. at 40 yrs of age I went t the Drs 're having heavy and irreg periods. Occasionally night sweats. I had a coil fitted stopped the heavy bleeds but changed t continuous spotting. The night sweats got worse mood and anxiety became bad. I work as a nurse assistant and 1 of my Dr friends suggested I got my bloods taken. Fsh 29 my own gp said it was normal.. a yr later my sweats and mood were unbearable bk t my gp who gave me 25 oestrogen patch with my coil mood sweats anxiety stopped I felt amazing apart from constant bleeding. After 9mths more bloods taken my iron had become low as had my mood and sweats returned.. she increased my patch t 50 things resolved but still bleeding.. 1 yr ago they removed my coil  the bleeding stopped bloods came bk fsh 5 oestrogen 600. Went on to gel oestrogen 2 pumps and provera day 15 to 26. This worked amazing. 10 mths on I started heavy bleeding out of cycle and still  bleeding after progesterone part. (2 bleeds every mth) I'm now bk on iron tablets and my last bloods show fsh 17.9 oestrogen 56.  I'm bk seeing Dr Wednesday who is saying she may take me off hrt all together. I'm now almost 45 can anyone help with advice.. I did try utrogrstan but I was a zombie on it. Hence provera. And I did have ultrasound and scans 11mths ago all clear. Tia Michaela xx

Lilliejojo

Re: Perimenopause advice please
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 10:24:11 PM »

Has anyone been prescribed femseven conti patches even though they have not gone 1 year without a period.  Am 54 and have been having irregular periods for a year . One every 4 months or so.   Was on everol sequi/conti patches for 3 months doing ok on them.    However had a flare up of atrophy and doc has now put me on these .  She said at 54 I could do without having a monthly bleed.  Reading the leaflet it does stress you should be 1 year free of periods.   Just a bit concerned about being on this patch or should I just stay on the everol sequi conti patches.?  Thank you
Pages: 1 [2]