Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: I wish I'd never asked.....  (Read 11501 times)

Hurdity

Re: I wish I'd never asked.....
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 05:35:48 PM »

As well as being active on this forum, what we could be doing on the ground is each and every one of us could take leaflets to our GP surgery (provided they will take them) about menopause. If they are produced through NHS or approved medical societies I presume they would find a place for them.

The problem is getting hold of them. Maybe some exist already? MM produces posters and small postcard sized info things to direct people to this site - which is good - but we need hard copies. I'm not going to print them all out ( on my dodgy printer). Most info sheets and factsheets are for individual download.

Anyone know of where we can get hold of some - that way we could reach a lot of GP surgeries especially if we put the supplier's address  on this forum.....

Southsea Belle - how are you doing? - You've fired us all up!

Hurdity x

Southsea Belle

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 10:51:55 PM »

Sorry, I'm not ignoring you.  I've just not got much to say at the moment.  Nursing a stinking cold on top of everything else.  However, despite that and the rain I've been getting out a bit with the dog and providing I'm not feeling too shaky, I enjoy it.

I've had a sneaky peek at my blood test results online and most are fine.  The one's looking at Vitamin B12, iron and stuff (hope I'm making sense) is marked as Abnormal and the immunoglobulin (?) one is marked as borderline and a bit further down before a list of figures and wotnot it says, "Immunoglobulin level Results of doubtful significance".  Whatever that means.

The urine test looking for the 'suspect' protein isn't back yet.

Blood pressure to be taken on Tuesday and Doctor is calling on Thursday.  Once I hear what she has to say then I shall start making decisions about changing doctors or not.  There is another doctor at the practice I really like, a male doctor, who if he's as understanding about 'wimminz thingz' as he has been about other stuff on when I've been lucky enough to see him, then I want him. (Not in the Biblical sense I hasten to add)  His wife is at another practice nearby and I have heard really good things about her, might well be the move I need. 

The irony is, the really bad nightsweats have subsided somewhat and flushes during the day have let up a bit too....whether that lasts or not....we shall see.  I'm still waiting for the fridge to ding after I've put baked beans in the microwave and can't work out why the toaster doesn't boil.

I still wake up with really bad trembling but I cope with it better, simply because I now know (thank you, ladies) that I'm not the only one.

I don't think I mentioned that I am Type 2 diabetic.   Under control, but could do a bit better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »

Diabetes can be upset by menopause  >:(

Maybe make a list when you speak to the GP?  Is the BP being taken at home because lots of people suffer White Coat Syndrome which may give false readings  ;)

Southsea Belle

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 01:21:01 PM »

No, I need to go to the surgery for my BP.  It's quite a hike too.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 02:54:28 PM »

The walk will do you good ;-)

We bought a home BP test kit as Himself has WCS - I don't measure on it at all  :D

Lizab

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 04:51:23 PM »

Hello. I haven't been actively participating on the forum for awhile but pop in and read now and then. I just wanted to share with you how I relate to this. Although my path has been a little different, it's been one step forward and a lot of steps back. I was knocked out of balance (worse than from the menopause already) by a change up of my thyroid med, then I had a bad time with hrt. Now that all that is sorted, after a year of absolute hell followed by a year of coming back to normal, my flushes and most of my menopause symptoms are done, but I'm left with greater anxiety than I ever could have imagined.

The part you need to know, I've recently learned in researching antidepressants because my doctor recently prescribed one to me. Prozac has a long half-life. It should take awhile for it to clear your system. The positive in that, for those that don't have the experience you are having, is that withdrawal from the drug is not so bad, as it gradually lessens in the body. It looks like that's not a positive in your case. I imagine that's why you're still feeling bad from it and that with more time you'll come back to normal.

Southsea Belle

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 06:25:11 PM »

Thank you for your reassurance.  I do feel better each day.  Today, I not only walked to dog, I also cooked dinner!  And don't feel at all wiped out by it.  Rotten cold notwithstanding.

I'm not taking anything for granted though.  I still have to wake up and get through the trembling tomorrow. 

Whilst I can't deny the help Prozac has given many, as far as I'm concerned, it's poison and I'll never look at it as anything else.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 07:38:05 PM »

Don't do too much on the 'better' days  ;).  Learning to pace myself was Hard Work!

Southsea Belle

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2018, 10:34:09 PM »

I understand.  But it feels so good to have a better day.  I just want to make the most of it.  After all, if it does turn out to be Myeloma then....no! Not going there.  Sorry.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »

When do you get those results Southsea Belle ?

I often stand still when I have a good day: drinking it in ;-)

Southsea Belle

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »

I've seen the blood test results online, but the urine test looking for the 'nasty' protein isn't showing yet.  I think the Doctor said it could be up to 10 days (taken on 23rd) for that one.  Telephone consultation on Thursday, so probably then. 

I'm being a bit paranoid and have managed to convince myself that the reason they aren't online is because it's bad news and being withheld. 

I do try not to think about it but it's not easy to ignore a potential death sentence. 

Other than that, today has been OK.  A trip into town without a single flush.....then as soon as I got home and sat down....whoosh!

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 06:50:54 PM »

However: get that thought out of your head ;-).  Some tests take longer to process than others.  Some are returned within 24 hours, some need reporting no B4 the results are let go ............

How's your day been so far?

Southsea Belle

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 07:32:41 PM »

Would you believe, I just typed a whole load and bloomin' deleted it instead of posting it!  :cuss:

So, until that point, my day (thank you for asking btw) has been remarkably OK.  :gym: So much so that I think the remnants of that vile poison prozac have finally left the building. :banana:  Fingers crossed.

I don't ever want to go back to where they took me.  Even the underside of a bus seemed a better place.  It's OK, not going there.  I promise!

Still flushing but even they are tolerable now compared to the hell those damned pills took me to! :diablo:

Night sweats, a year after I stopped bleeding,  were the reason my doctor decided to go fishing for the 'nasty' protein as according to her text books it wasn't normal menopause-wise.  The irony is, they have since subsided significantly.  For now at least.

Blood pressure reading tomorrow.  Then I am going to treat myself to a guilty pleasure....a wander around B&Q to find a rug....I bl**dy love that place.  Goodness only knows why though.   ;D 

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »

Better than the Swedish store perhaps  ;D where I had 1 trip and where my Dear Husband has never set foot. Apparently they do a mean breakfast though ............ give me B&Q any day  ;).

I get my decorationing ideas around the home from 'escape to the country' and 'homes under the hammer'  :D .........

I doubt whether you deleted your post, I expect it was that strange woman ;-) (will bump thread)

Southsea Belle

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 10:13:46 PM »

Although I have 4 Ikea fold up dining chairs (bought online) I have never ever stepped foot in the place.  I sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on something.  Apart from the meatballs, probably not. 

Now, that's just reminded me, I once happened upon an Ikea promotions van in a car park.....it was set up like a mobile room.....they had a little competition running and I won a little table lamp. 

Our B&Q has a nice little coffee shop that does a mean bacon roll. 

I'm 'off' programmes like that for the time being.  So much needs doing to our house.   Still doing it up after 20 years.  A year ago, we'd made really good progress until the downstairs got flooded and we had to wait six months for it all to dry out before the insurance company repaired it.  It was done just in time for Xmas.  So the work we planned for last year got abandoned.  Maybe this year, and then again, maybe I'll win the lottery....... ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4