Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Argghhh!!  (Read 1429 times)

Lalb1

Argghhh!!
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »

Sorry for the argghhh!
It's just this is probably the only place I can argghhh!
Having returned to work on Monday after a week off with flu, went in this morning at 7.30 (Work in a school) felt yucky, dizzy,lightheaded,hot flushes, weird body temp. Felt like it from getting there, then lo and behold we get the call!!!! Big O are in tomorrow!!!
Sick to my stomach.
Only just got home and am soooo tired! Also my flushes are coming thick and fast! Feel out of it and shaky weird with period like pains!
Typical.. don't need the peri symptoms today or tomorrow!
Roll on Friday! (Half term)

Scampi

Re: Argghhh!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:34:07 AM »

My thoughts I with you, honestly.  Back when I worked in schools (14 years ago), we got plenty of warning of their arrival - that was bad enough.  I can't imagine the stress and pressure of the current system (although, knowing what some schools in the area where I worked were actually like compared to their rating following planned inspections, I can see why it's now done the way it is).

Take heart from the fact it will be over by half-term ... and your spike is symptoms is probably more to do with the stress of 'O' on the back of flu than meno actually hitting you harder.  Do your job (I don't know what it is) so that YOU know you've done your best, take some cleansing deep breaths - and it will soon be Friday.

Best wishes xxx

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »

You will probably feel wiped out for a while yet.  Just be kind to yourself, eat healthy and don't over do it.

:bighug:

Lalb1

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »

Awwww thank you so much Scampi!
Today was absolutely shattering! 5 yrs since our last and I wasn't in the post in now in then! I'm HLTA (higher level teaching assistant) and have a varied set of responsibilities.
Needless to say I was back in work this morning at 6.30! (Left Work the previous night at 9.00pm)
Shattered after only 4 hrs sleep!
Today was crazy! But bless the kids we're fab!
What will be will be!
Thankyou!
My symptoms today have been off radar hahah! Took an antihistamine at 6.00am to counteract the allergy itchiness, ate at 6.15 so could take painkillers haha.

Now.... sleep and only 1 more teaching day left with a training day thrown in. Half term can't come quick enough.

Thankyou will keep an eye on symptoms as I know I'm still recovering from the awful flu!