Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Has anyone ever felt seriously suicidal?  (Read 12650 times)

Sarai

Re: Has anyone ever felt seriously suicidal?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 11:48:06 AM »

Racgen ive not read all the posts, but I just noticed you have just gone on sertraline. I'm on it. But I can tell you after I came off and had to go back on it my anxiety sky rocketed, I literally laid on my bed, I couldn't get out of the house, it was horrendous. It took at least 3 months to come through that and be ‘normal' again. If you can stick with it it will help.
Maybe go down to 25 and build up over a month, I did that and stopped at 75mg.
Don't read my present posts as I'm a mess again as life and hrt has seriously wrecked my head.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:03:08 PM by Sarai »

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »

racjen it wont stay like this look what you have survived and come through which is amazing.  This is a blip that is taking a while to sort out.  Aspie has given advice re what worked for her can you mention this to the dr on monday(they will see you urgently.

Please talk to someone,

I have found this website which has a helpline and a live chat roomhttps://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/someone-talk/call-our-helpline    Others that have been through what you have and are now suffering in menopause particularly with progestorne may have come across this problem

There is a facebook Hormone Harmony Club  open 24/7 with answers, support and a friendly community. Im not on facebook and it may be similar to this one but its worth looking at if you areon facebook.

If you are really feeling that down you must tell your family, there are the samaritans on 116 123 there all the time and a sane number there daily it says 0300 304 7000

If you think that the progestorone is the main problem here have they asked you to try a mirena coil and sorry if you have already been down that route.  I say that because it works for me.

You are NOT alone in this IT WILL GET BETTER you just havent found the right combination of meds yet.  Please do not give up. PLEASE contact your dr again and tell them how desperate you are, mention what aspie has said about what she went on, the mirena coil etc

You have come so far and you will come out of this at the other end its just taking longer but you will gt there.

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

—

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 01:20:05 PM »

How R U this morning?

racjen

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 03:23:08 PM »

Under instructions from the Crisis Team I've doubled the dose of Sertraline today (which seems counterintuitive to me as it's that that's making me depressed). It's knocked me out completely so I'm just lying here on the sofa listening to the radio. At least I don't feel anxious - it seems to have a beneficial effect on that immediately, but I don't feel anything else much either.

Just to clarify, I'm not on any type of progesterone at all at the moment,because taking it caused this massive anxiety response and coming off it has made no difference, I'm still stuck with the anxiety. Nobody seems to understand why.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 04:02:49 PM »

Maybe the brain needs a little more input from the medication which will ease anxiety.  That's one issue, the next is to help the depression.  Let the medication do it's work.  Rest - listen to your body.  I spent hours laying on the sofa ......... for several years.  Until I found a regime which helped both depression, despair and anxiety.

How is your appetite?

:bighug:

racjen

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 05:56:35 PM »

nonexistent - if my daughters weren't here tocook for me i probably wouldn't bother to eat at all.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 07:04:04 PM »

but you manage if food is put in front of you?

jessieblue

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »

Hi everyone.  I am so thankful for all your replies and I am so sorry some of you are still suffering with similar problems.  It really is a hell on earth isnt it?  Please forgive me for not replying sooner and please also forgive me for not mentioning each of you by name.  I am feeling very overwhelmed in general and my mind is very foggy, so I may get things wrong.  There are so great suggestions above and I will read through all these posts a few more times to get a clearer idea.  I feel exhausted at the moment.  Im not sleeping at all, this is a deal breaker because my anxiety was so bad all day from say 5am but at night i was so exhausted and drunk on wine I would sleep quite well.  This gave me something to look forward to.  I would sleep all day if I could but I cant sleep at all now.  My acid reflux thing....i say thing because it is like a monster, it doesnt allow me to lie down at all.  I have to sleep sitting up and on my back.  Even then I can feel a lump in my throat and a burning feeling in my throat and mouth.  Not exactly like the usual acid i used to get but this terrifies me because nothing helps.  I am emetophobe so the thought of stomach contents rising with no control is terrifying.  I am afraid to lay down bend over move fast......I feel like a cripple afraid of every movement.  The tests I need to have involve things down my throat and the operation to fix this would maybe cause vomiting and not being able to swallow food etc.  I cannot go through this no way.  So I have to accept the way I am and try to get through the hours and days.  The thought of trialling different meds is horrifying as they may well make me worse and not better.  I cannot do worse, I really cant.  I wish I knew if i needed HRT, I have seen a gyn but he said blood tests were not worth doing and just gave me elvorel conti patches......I havent used them, my gut says no because if i dont need the oestrogen and progesterone I may cause more problems.  I wish I could find somewhere to look properly at my situation because my anxiety really ramped up when my mirena coil ran out.  Its been in 7 nearly 8 years now and Im guessing would have stopped working a while back......anxiety has been sky high for 16 months.  I dont want to guess medicate, I cannot afford to make a mistake because believe me I am clinging on by my fingernails.  This stomach problem.......well I guess Im stuck with that for life.  I feel so lost right now and too tired to do anything about all this mess that has become my life.  I listen to comforting things, audiobooks about self help and meditation etc.  Thats all I can do to help ease the pain. 

Thank you again, I will keep reading this thread.  I get strength from all the love on here and I send all my love to those of you also suffering.  I wish I had something helpful to say. xxx

Optimist

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 09:10:44 AM »

Jessieblue if your coil stopped working and you've had it in 7/8 years it's because after 5 years the coil progesterone gets to such a low level it requires changing. Have you thought about having it changed and adding oestrogen to see if this helps with your crippling anxiety? (Sorry I may have missed something earlier on in the thread, I'm going by your last post) Professor Studd wrote an email newsletter that one of the ladies posted on here about menopause being responsible for a lot of women's anxiety/ low mood problems. You could have a new coil if it worked before and titrate the oestrogen if you asked for oestrogel to suit to see if your anxiety subsides. Maybe worth a discussion with your GP?
I hope you have a glimpse of a good day today, I really feel for you suffering so much 💐xx

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »

Jessieblue.  My coil had gone to 5 and a half years and thats when all my problems seemed to start last January 17.  My dr seemed to think it would help to get me through the menopause when it was put in the previous 5 years ago.  I had no symptons of menopause until 2017 I was using it as a contraceptive.  I was since told its 5 years for progestorone and 7 when using for contraceptive reasons.  I would seriously have it changed. xx

racjen

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 01:00:56 PM »

Well that's it for sertraline - after two days on the increased dose i feel so bad i can hardly get out of bed let alone leave the house, I'm crying all the time, not eating, just feel desperate. Phoned the Crisis Team and they said Ok, stop taking it, you're clearly very sensitive to ADs. AT LAST - felt like saying Í told you so' as I said this so many times and they insisted I try another one. So now it's back to the search for something to relieve the anxiety without making me suicidal.... :'(

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 01:10:25 PM »

An anti-anxiety medication then?  3 days of 5mg Valium 3 times a day then in the morning then as necessary.  Worked for me in the 1990s.  Because I knew it would work I was able to use it without becoming reliant.  I also have 20mg of Propranolol at night to ease any anxiety surges. 

Rest.  Keep hydrated.  I make a cup of BOvril with hot water to sip and when I start to feel better, I can add some toast.  Dried fruits and nuts are useful as are bananas.

jessieblue - get yourself some Rennies! they work for my heart burn.  Chewable.  Usually it takes 2 tablets to begin easing symptoms. 

racjen

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »

Already on diazepam, barely makes a dent in the morning depression, and propranolol also made me extremely depressed. Fast running out of options  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 05:05:53 PM »

How much 'valium' .   

How is your diet?  Anxiety and depression can be worse if we don't eat 'enough'.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2018, 06:02:31 PM »

Racjen, I don't know what the answer is but there must be one.

You must feel so fed up with trying things.

I have hated the whole trial and error and being patient with various options.

Thinking of you xxxx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6