Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Sore boobs  (Read 181 times)

Flamingo

Sore boobs
« on: May 01, 2024, 08:18:54 PM »

I put off taking the progesterone element of my HRT as I had lots social stuff (which I hate btw) and didn’t want to have a period. I think I skipped a bleed so went 2 months with no P.  I then developed really sore boobs like watermelons ekkk! Obvs my husband v happy but not me!  I thought this was due to high E and reduced my 100mg patch to 75mg and took my Progesterone.  Boobs have reduced but now skin feeling very sensitive I guess from reduction in E.  ive now started my period would I be ok to go back up 100mg patch? I guess I’m asking if you think that delaying P caused the soreness in boobs and now I have bleed would I be ok on higher E?? Hope that makes sense! Thank you

Flamingo

Re: Sore boobs
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 09:36:14 AM »

Anyone else had this?

DottyD68

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 05:22:43 PM »

Hi Flamingo,

I have had sore large boobs at times on HRT and found that reducing the oestrogen dose helped greatly. I believe sore boobs can be a symptoms of either too much or too little oestrogen so it's a case of tweaking to see what suits you best and hopefully you will find the right level.

It's really important to make sure you take progestrone to ensure the lining of the womb doesn't build up too much as a result of the oestrogen you are taking, so personally I wouldn't stop taking it while having the oestrogen. If you don't get on with the progesterone you need to speak to your GP as there are other options.

Hope you find the right balance soon

Flamingo

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 09:27:17 PM »

Thank you, I’m having some bloods done next week so hope they will help. Bleed helped with soreness so must always stay in routine. How much estrogen do you take Dotty?