Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hard to know if in Menopause  (Read 51 times)

amethystjade

• First Flush
Hard to know if in Menopause
« on: Today at 06:43:17 PM »

I was on the Depo injection and it stopped my periods. I came off it for a year around 2015 (I was 43) and had a few periods before I then went back on it and returned to no periods. I stayed on it until I was about 47 and then I changed to the mini pill (Desogestrel), periods never returned and I decided to stop taking Desogestrel last July to see where I’m at with menopause.

I’m now 52 years old and I’ve been off Desogestrel for 9 months and my periods haven’t returned. I’ve not even had any spotting - nothing. I just want to know if I’ve reached menopause.  Would be nice to be done with condoms too lol

Has anyone experienced anything similar with their contraception?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hard to know if in Menopause
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:08:20 PM »

:welcomemm:  Hopefully some1 will be along with advice.  It is suggested that we should be 12-14 months free of a bleed B4 considering that we are into menopause.  Mother Nature being what she is can throw in the curved ball!

How do U feel overall?   

Who prescribed your Desogestrel? 

AngelaH

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:16:16 PM »

I am on Mirena coil,  it was fitted during peri at the age of 48 due to heavy bleedings. The Mirena stopped my periods. I am 53 now and the Mirena is exactly 5 years old, so should stop working for me by now. No periods. I had a scan recently and was confirmed that I am post meno now.

But when I was 50-51 I started experiencing estrogen deficiency symptoms, I believe it was time when I became menopausal. And about a year ago my face changed its shape and wrinkles appeared very noticeably, I believe that time I became post meno.

amethystjade

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:18:53 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.

I feel good. Last year I experienced lots of aching in my leg muscles, heart palpitations and hot flushes. But I’m not suffering any recognisable peri menopause or menopause symptoms now.

The nurse put me on Desogestrel as she said I couldn’t carry on with Depo for any longer as I was heading towards 50 🤷🏻‍♀️

amethystjade

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:21:58 PM »

Angela H - what kind of scan did you have? x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:26:44 PM »

Let us know how you get on.

AngelaH

« Reply #6 on: Today at 07:42:51 PM »

Angela H - what kind of scan did you have? x

I had a little spotting for a couple of days, I wasn’t worried about that because I knew as the Mirena stopped working my body still could produce a spark of estrogen. I wasn’t taking any kind of HRT or hormonal medication that time, so nothing alarming for me. But my GP decided to send me anyway, because it was possibility that I was post meno and any unexpected spottings/bleedings should be investigated. A scan confirmed post meno and everything was fine.