Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Really weapy today  (Read 1170 times)

Mindfulmoomins

Really weapy today
« on: January 14, 2018, 03:40:24 PM »

I don't know if it's the grey weather, hormones, pmt or the fact I have an occupational health meeting tomorrow but I am so full of tears today.

It scares me a bit although I can stop and engage with whatever I am doing if I need to. I've had a lovely walk/jog with my husband and daughter and a bath and we are going to watch a movie in an hour but I just feel like I want my Mum. She's actually nearby and I could call her if I needed to.

It's pretty hard feeling this vulnerable. I am seeing a counsellor for the 2nd week on Tuesday. I kind of wish I could save it all for then.

Daisydot

Re: Really weapy today
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 03:54:38 PM »

Call your mum mm that's what she's there for I get so angry at my daughter when she tells me she's been upset and alone with it,call her now just for reassurance ,we all need that,I wish my mum was here.big hugs to you xx

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:58:18 PM »

Hello Mindfulmoomins.

So sorry to learn that you are feeling tearful today. For what it's worth I have cried for my mother before now and she died in 1987! I think it's all part of feeling overwhelmed and needing some comfort while we are struggling.

I hope your meetings go well and don't forget to keep us updated. You have a forum full of mums now!

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »

Thank you Daisy, I just did exactly that. Xxx

Kathleen thank you so so much xxx

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »

Remember that occupational health are on your side xxx

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »

Good well done we all just need that loving ear now and again.my mum was the most wonderful gentle human being you could ever wish for and gave me so much all the way through my adult life too I could do with her most days but saying that I do still chat to her lol and I know when she would say right come on you've got your health these are just things sent to test you you'll get through it and guess what we do.if I had half her wisdom and compassion I'd be a better human being myself.your days been good so keep it positive and enjoy the rest of it xx

racjen

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 05:46:40 PM »

Oh Mindfulmoomins this makes me feel so sad - menopause is such a weird confusing mix of physical and emotional symptoms isn't it? At the moment I cry my eyes out every morning and most days I'm crying at least partly because I want my Dad. He died in 1980 when I was 14 but I still want and miss him now. Usually I go out for a walk and sit on my favourite bench and talk to him, and imagine his arm round my shoulders and him hugging me. IT helps. Much love xxx

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 06:12:45 PM »

The biggest hug Moomin, I hope you feel better soon xXx

knorman

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »

The occupational health lady I had to see was wonderful. The first few times I saw her I just sobbed. The person you see tomorrow will understand and be a kindly ear. As Dotty says, they are there for you, not anyone else. I hope all goes well. x

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 07:35:56 PM »

Thank you so much for all your lovely encouraging words.

I can see some of you have lost a parent. I am so sorry.

Big hugs xxx