Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: I'm 47 - no periods for 4 months and no symptoms  (Read 2106 times)

nosymptoms

I'm 47 - no periods for 4 months and no symptoms
« on: January 12, 2018, 02:26:52 PM »

hi i'm 47 and my periods have stopped since august and no i'm not pregnant :-) .

Have no menopausal symptoms. In fact i feel really good having no periods because my periods were so heavy that it took me 2 weeks to recover from huge blood loss.
Am i entering menopause?
is the worst of symptoms yet to come? My mum was ok but hers started in her 50s. SO i guess i don't take after her

early days yet but hoping this is it

hope anyone who has had a similar experience can share their experience

thanks
eni

Katejo

Re: I'm 47 - no periods for 4 months and no symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »

hi i'm 47 and my periods have stopped since august and no i'm not pregnant :-) .

Have no menopausal symptoms. In fact i feel really good having no periods because my periods were so heavy that it took me 2 weeks to recover from huge blood loss.
Am i entering menopause?
is the worst of symptoms yet to come? My mum was ok but hers started in her 50s. SO i guess i don't take after her

early days yet but hoping this is it

hope anyone who has had a similar experience can share their experience

thanks
eni
  You may just be lucky. My symptoms have been mild compared to those of many others. I have not had a period for 4 years now and I am approaching 55. During the peri period I did have occasional mild flushes but very few night sweats. I did get mild nausea in the mornings for a while. I have had one or two other symptoms which may or may not be menopause. Also a slight problem with increased UTI infections or vaginal atrophy.

Elliemay

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 07:44:51 AM »

I really hope you don't get any more symptoms. I was 47 too. Id say watch.out for the vaginal dryness. I had awful psychological symptoms but thought I'd at.least got away with that. It didn't happen til about 3 years in, and the whole damn thing changed shape  and sex became near impossible just 2 years into a great relationship. Nobody had warned me about that! Best of luck, hope it's a mild transition for you.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM nosymptoms.
Don't look for problems. You may be one of the lucky ones to sail through with few if any problems.
I'm afraid the peri stage can be tricky with periods stopping for a few months and then starting up again, so you may not be out if the woods yet. If your periods have been really heavy, then you may have peri for a while already and now you are heading for post meno. Some of my friends have sailed through with barely a flush- lucky things. DG x

nosymptoms

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 02:21:30 PM »

thank you so much for your reply. I'm hoping that this is it!

have not missed my periods at all in 5 months. They were so heavy and left me drained for two weeks.
now i feel more energized and happier. no PMS either. I might be lucky. I'm hoping.
cheerz

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »

thank you so much for your reply. I'm hoping that this is it!

have not missed my periods at all in 5 months. They were so heavy and left me drained for two weeks.
now i feel more energized and happier. no PMS either. I might be lucky. I'm hoping.
cheerz
If you do get apparent recurrent UTI infections, do get the sample sent away for analysis before accepting AB's. It may be vaginal atrophy. I didn't find out about the existence of this until well after my periods had stopped.