Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Excema/itchy skin  (Read 1643 times)

sarah sequins

Excema/itchy skin
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »

Hello
I am new to this forum but hope that some of you may be able to help. Im 54 and one month shy of being officially menopausal ( ie my last period was 11 months ago).
Whilst i have experienced mood swings, fatigue, foggy brain, anxiety and loss of confidence the hardest thing for me is that on top of all that I am an excema sufferer and whilst most of my life I have been able to manage it naturally it is very challenging due to the hot flashes and changes in hormone levels. I have tried so many natural remedies so far but none have made any significant breakthrough. Do any of you have any recommendations as I am finding that whenit flares I don't want to leave the house. It is really effecting my life.

Hurdity

Re: Excema/itchy skin
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:32:21 AM »

Hi sarah sequins

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about skin problems - I know these can worsen around the time of menopause. Have you thought of HRT? Restoring your oestrogen levels may well help, with the right preparation as well as help with other menopausal symptoms. If you are a long-term eczema sufferer then I presume you know about all the usual things eg re diet and lots of fresh fruit and veg, unprocessed foods, fish and fish-oils, fresh air, no perfumes, using E45 etc. Also the need to make sure your vitamin D intake is adequate. If you had plenty of sun through the summer your levels should still be OK provided your diet is good but from now onwards may well decline until March/April until you get some sun again ( depending on where you are).  Also have you had thyroid function checked?

Hurdity x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »

I've read some amazing reviews online for a certain kefir mixed with goats milk ( don't know whether I can mention company ? ) that has amazing reviews for excema sufferers. They also do lotions and creams . Hurdity ... can I ask  .....is thyroid  function connected to excema problems ?  Or are you referring to the other issues that Sarah sequins mentions ?

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:48:58 PM »

You can buy kefir milk from a few supermarkets now.asda does it in the polish food section it's a big green bottle costs around £1-39 you do not have to go down the expensive route.its like a drinkable yoghurt and leaves probiotics standing.you can also buy the kefir grains and make it at home with either cows milk goats milk or even coconut water it's all about preferences and how well you tolerate certain milks.i highly recommend it for skin complaints and suggest making it with a fruit you like into a smoothie as it's much more palatable,try and make it for breakfast if you can as that's the best time of day to take it.do a bit of research online and you will be surprised by the health benefits of kefir milk it's the big “in vogue”at the moment.good luck and enjoy.xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »

I have a patch on my arm.  It looks like discoid eczema on dr google.

It started last year with insect bites and has come back again  >:(

It is much better today.  Yesterday I was wearing a thick thermal vest top.  Today I have a cotton one on.  It makes a difference to the itching.

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 04:35:06 PM »

I get eczema too, or used to. Nowadays I only ever use Doublebase Emollient Gel Wash in the bath or shower, and apply Doublebase Gel all over afterwards. These two products have worked a treat for me. They are available on prescription as well as otc.
JP x