Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Favourite tv programme when you were young  (Read 10842 times)

4meSons

Re: Favourite tv programme when you were young
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2018, 01:26:32 PM »

Bring me sunshine your lunch times were identical to mine. Pipkins and the Sullivan's then racing out the door to catch bus back to school.... :)

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2018, 02:40:18 PM »

How funny 4mesons its a wonder we didnt need therapy after watching Hartley.  if I could paste an image of him on here I would but it wont let me.  I didnt have a bus back to school so I had to run half a mile!!   Those were the days!  if I was lucky I could pretend I was ill then at 1pm it was Crown Court!

Knorman I reckon Simon Cowell of xfactor fame used to watch your programmes as his two terriers are called Squiddly and Diddly!

Nice memories xx

4meSons

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2018, 07:31:02 PM »

I think I do need therapy lol maybe all my problems stem from Hartley  ;D I'm tempted to Google a pic of him but I'm scared to look now
It was only 5p bus fare then I remember, you could go all over the north east for a 5p ticket 

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »

Thats why we watched the same lunchtime programmes as I come from the North East but havent lived there for 31 years!!  I dare you to google him, but you will have nightmares.  I quite liked his friend the brummie pig.

Another one at tea time was RRRRRRRRRunaround with the bloke who was in Eastenders his name escapes me. Good ole days!

knorman

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2018, 08:16:16 AM »

Mike Reid! Loved Crown Court, quite a strange program for us youngsters to enjoy though?!  I've been pretty fed up lately whilst trying to get HRT sorted out and its nice to have some fun on here instead of trawling through, frantically trying to find some answers. Thank you girls!

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2018, 08:33:49 AM »

I agree and said that to my husband I felt lighter just remembering and forgetting about hrt  combinations etc... I think i feigned an interest in crown court as my mam loved it and I was laid on the sofa "illish" but I seem to remember the jury were real people as in not actors??

Mike Reid that's him yes.

I also remember around on Saturday afternoons watching black and white films with my mam like Bette Davis ones and Shirley Temple... I loved those times.

knorman

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2018, 08:40:00 AM »

The Generation Game with Brucie used to have the whole family sat around the TV, I suppose the same happens these days with Strictly and X Factor. I used to watch Top of the Pops with my mum and still vividly remember Pans People riding around on white horses to (K?!)nights in White Satin, or was it Procal Harum, Whiter Shades of Pale? No, sure it was the Moody Blues...........!

Daisydot

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »

I sit every night with my iPad and I traul through all the channels and find the old programmes esp comedy ones from 60,70,80s and usually I find 2 or 3 that make me laugh and that's the best therapy we can have sometimes.im lost in my own space for that hour or so and it lifts my spirits even when I maybe don't feel like it I make myself do it as I don't t want to go to sleep feeling negative that's not good for anyone.xx

Roseneath

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2018, 05:34:00 PM »

Wise words DaisyDot. I watched ' Duchess of Duke Street' whilst having my lunch today. Took me way back. Different pace of life.

Daisydot

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »

I used to really enjoy that Roseneath thanks for reminder xx 

knorman

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2018, 08:39:55 AM »

Yes, that was a staple for mum and me. As I got older I loved Flambards and Howards Way.  I don't watch the normal Big Brother, but always watch the Celebrity Big Brother, but had got to the point where I was gong off it due to all the reality people on it, so felt it was going away from the original intention.  Wasn't going to watch it this year, but so pleased I have, its been brilliant. If you like that kind of thing!

Shadyglade

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »

Catwezele.

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2018, 04:39:08 PM »

Did he wrestle too on A Saturday afternoon, World of Sport with Dickie Davies and Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks and Kendo Nakasaki(the one with the mask) and Les Kenet!!  My nana's favourite programme!!

Alicea

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2018, 07:50:39 PM »

I've got a soft spot for Wombles ❤️ Going off the point I bought my kids a DVD of Hector's House when they were little, my son was so terrified of it we had to pretend to put it in the outside bin. He's 11 now and you can't even say “silly old Hector” or sing the music, he's properly petrified 😊

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2018, 09:08:09 PM »

I was terrified of Hector and also a programme called "How" as it had indian drumming music at the beginning and I always ran and hid.  I think Fred Dineage was one of the presenters and it was about explaining how things worked.  Nothing scary but it was the music.

The other hide behind the cushion on a Friday night was "Hammer House of Horrors" terrifying as a kid and later the music from Tales of the Unexpected!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6