Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Favourite tv programme when you were young  (Read 10856 times)

Daisydot

Re: Favourite tv programme when you were young
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 09:06:47 PM »

Fantasy island

getting_old

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »

Bagpuss
Fingermouse
Paperplay (anyone remember Itsy and Bitsy the hand-puppet spiders, and their obsession with glue?!)
Pipkins
The Littlest Hobo (loved the theme tune!)

I don't remember the name of the show but I definitely remember Itsy and Bitsy. I liked The Clangers, Mr Benn, Bagpuss, Crackerjack, and Scooby Doo. Also the Magic Roundabout and Captain Pugwash!

Two hoots

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 10:25:31 PM »

During the summer holidays I watched

White horses
Robinson Crusoe
The singing ringing tree

Daisydot

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2018, 06:46:29 AM »

Space family Robinson

knorman

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »

HR Pufnstuff with Jack Wild and Mama Cass as Witchiepoo. We had just got our first coloured television, so all the children where we lived used to come in and watch it. Happy Days!

knorman

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »

Mama Cass was Witch Hazel, not Witchiepoo!

Daisydot

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2018, 09:00:38 PM »

What year was that pl  knorman

knorman

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2018, 06:56:53 AM »

1969/1970.  I became obsessed after this post and started looking up old favourites from years gone by on YouTube. Other favourites, Tales of the Riverbank and Little House on the Prairie. A happy hour spent, but other half not impressed by HR PufnStuff!

Daisydot

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »

Thank you I was def around then lol but have no memory of that one,I was probably watching scoobydoo I was obsessed with that then used to tear home from school to catch it around 4pmish.
Sorry if I made you obsessed lol wasn't it just nice to escape back to those times and young memories,I'm never off itv hub and bbc iPlayer re watching everything,at moment it's george and Mildred rising damp and on the buses lol sheer escapism love it lol.xx

knorman

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2018, 09:03:28 AM »

Judging by your viewing choices, we must be around the same age.  I have watched some of the George and Mildred's recently and they have stood the test of time. I loved Scooby Doo too.  Quite ashamed that at 56 I currently love the Minions, is that permissible?! Oh to be little again, with no worries in the world!

Daisydot

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2018, 11:15:18 AM »

No afraid not I'm the oldie lol.61 soon but never managed to get past 18 mentally lol,it's just the old body that holds me back 🤪 I'm doing now what I wished I'd done at 56 I'm so angry at myself for not catching on and taking steps then I was so sure it was all passsed for me,oh well I'll just have to keep kicking my own ass for another while lol.enjoy your day xx

Taz2

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2018, 07:12:06 PM »

Nearly 61 Daisydot? You're a youngster! Can I ask what you are doing now that you wished you'd done at 56 or is that on another thread...?

Taz x  :)

Daisydot

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2018, 09:54:36 PM »

Hi taz sorry I meant educate myself a bit more so I knew what to expect after the hysterectomy,I was 41,and was pretty much just left to it afterwards.I feel if I'd known a bit more I wouldn't have dismissed things that were building up over the years and putttng me through so much pain.last year was the worst one for me to get through but I did and I now know if I'd known what to expect several nasty accidents wouldn't have happened,long boring story but I've survived it and I'm a lot wiser now lol.My programmes are sheer escapism to happy times for me rewatching them let's me switch off.xx

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2018, 10:27:32 PM »

I used to run home from school at lunch time for pipkins, however if you look at a picture of Hartley hare now he looks quite scary, like roadkill!  After that came The Sullivans, an australian family during the war.

When I got home from school it was The kids from 47a and Tomorrows people and also I think it was called Kizzy about a gypsy girl who lived with her grandmother in a gypsy caravan.

No menopause in sight!!  Happy Days

knorman

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2018, 07:01:47 AM »

Ah yes, Pipkins and Hartley Hare, another favourite. And the Kids from 47A.  I used to love Squiddly Diddly and Wanda the Witch, but no one my age remembers it and I know I didn't imagine it! Happy days indeed!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6