Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HELP! Bit desperate!  (Read 2462 times)

flaxhigh

HELP! Bit desperate!
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:52:29 PM »

Hi everyone,
So glad to have found you. PLEASE, please please can anyone advise as I'm feeling so sick and dizzy with palpitations on the oestrogel which I started only 4 days ago. Prof Studd said go on 3 pumps a day, but I only started on 2. Felt nothing first 2 days, then yesterday felt as above. Then today I cut the dose in half to 1 pump and again, one hour after applying it felt the same sickness, dizziness and strung out feeling as if my arms are all soft and my heart is pounding as if I've run up a hill...

Do I stop? Do I continue but apply it at bedtime in the hope the awful feeling will be overnight and I wake having missed it. I took yesterday's dose at 12pm and by 12am this morning I felt 'normal' again. I'm doing HRT not for meno symptoms but for osteoporosis. I'm 52.

I'd be SOOOOO grateful for some advice.  I feel terrible on a third of the dose and yet I have to do this for my bones.

Thanks so much in advance.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:45:52 PM by flaxhigh »

Beany12

Re: HELP! Bit desperate!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 09:32:20 PM »

Hi flaxhigh sorry I can't help but sure i have read other posts re oestrgel. If you enter it in the search bar it may help to read other posts but im sure someone will reply to you very soon with some good advice. Good luck hope you get it sorted.
 :bighug:

Beany x

flaxhigh

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:27:27 PM »

Thanks Beany12,

I have researched as much as I can on this site and elsewhere but can't find anything. I'm half-wondering if I need to go to A & E as my heart has been pounding constantly for the last 5 hours...It was the same yesterday but after 20 hours wore off. It's extremely frightening!

Beany12

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »

It could be a prlonged panic attack but try breathing in for 3 hold for 3 then breath out for 4 this should help calm you in any event and suppose to help blood gases get back to normal. If yr feeling frightened ring your docs emergency service or out of hrs service I know we have a walk in centre type thing here when u ring out of hours they may be able to advise you on what to do.   I can imagine you are very frightened but remain calm and if yr still not happy and its not settling down go to A&E you may be having an adverse/allergic reaction to the gel so until yr sure I would stop using it hun. Take care and I hope you feel better very soon stay strong and let me know how u go on

Beany x

Beany12

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 11:57:33 PM »

I noticed a user named gypsieroselee has posted about this gel and was prescribed by prof so look up her post under her name as she does say how much she's using but she says it's working not sure if you can private message her though.

Beany x

flaxhigh

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 12:30:45 AM »

Thanks Beany,

It's definitely not a panic attack but pretty sure it's an adverse reaction. I should go to A & E but want to wait it out as London having booked a musical to go to tomorrow and this might have gone by tomorrow! If I go to A & E: no musical!
Hope it goes.I've just looked up side-effects of oestrogel and it does say if you have a fast, pounding heart seek medical help immediately...but I'm still going to try and see if I can wait it out...

Beany12

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 09:34:38 AM »

How are you today Flaxhigh? I hope it passed quickly and sounds to me as if you better get checked out so I hope you did and get back to doctors don't use that gel anymore hun. Good luck.

Beany x

flaxhigh

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 10:49:44 AM »

Thanks Beany,
Means a lot that you were there for me last night. Heart still pounding away but since I got through the night (though barely!) and the musical is at 2pm, I'm going to that first and see if it wears off by 24 hours since I applied the gel like the day before on double dose. If it hasn't then I'm going to hospital.
xxx

Beany12

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »

Sounds like a good plan hun but if it gets worse make sure you seek help! I hope the musical is a good distraction and I hope yr feeling better very soon and no more Gel! Take care keep me posted.

Beany x :) :bighug:

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 08:58:01 PM »

Hi flaxhigh

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your reaction to the estrogel. Have your periods stopped now ie are you post-menopausal - or maybe you've had a hysterectomy? Some women do seem to react quickly to the gel - it is absorbed and gives a hit before stabilising. As you suggested it might be better to continue with a low dose and gradually increase until your body acclimatises but if not then a patch might suit you better as these do not give a hit in the same way - the dose rises slowly to a mximum over the first 12 hours and then very gradually declines over the next week ( but it's changed twice a week). I have no personal experience of gel and you will find the response is quite individual (judging by the responses on here). Are you taking a progestogen as well?

Hoping you feel better soon!

Hurdity x

flaxhigh

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »

Thanks for your advice Hurdity. The effects have AT LAST (29 hours later:it was 24 hours after the last 'turn' I had on day 3) gone.

I don't think I can take this again. I think it must have been an adverse reaction because when I looked the info up online about oestrogel it said if you get fast and pounding heart stop and seek immediate medical help. I didn't as I was away from home and felt that it would pass as it has (though do feel worn out from it.) It was terribly disturbing and frightening (I am used to pain etc as i'm chronically ill so no wuss when I say that) I thought I was going to have a stroke or heart attack. Not panic, just pounding heart with an elephant on my chest.

I'm going to contact Studd again or his colleague rather as I did not find him sympa at all. But spent over £1000 with him so feel I'm owed some kind of follow-on advice.