Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New gel or period ?  (Read 902 times)

4meSons

New gel or period ?
« on: December 01, 2017, 11:10:31 AM »

I've had a bad couple of days and nights with anxiety again. Waking up during the night full of panic and just feeling awful like I was before I started the gel.
The only thing I can think of as the cause is the new gel which is oestrodose and in a different bottle from my last one. Or it could be since I finished my utrogestan this week and I'm waiting for my bleed to start properly as it's very light at the moment.
Anybody have any thoughts please ? X

Hurdity

Re: New gel or period ?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 08:49:14 AM »

Hi 4mesons

Your post seems to have got missed - it's the weekend!

I think it's more likely to be progesterone withdrawal and pms symptoms than a slight difference in the gel I would have thought although I have not tried it myself? Also in peri-menopause your hormones are still changing so some of what you feel could just be that - try not to be put off by the odd bad night if you can and I do hope you are feeling better today?

Hurdity x

4meSons

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:56:34 PM »

Thank you hurdity
I did feel better yesterday thanks so much so I have made arrangements to return back to work soon. I was worried as this gel seems a bit more watery and takes longer to absorb. I spoke to chemist and they advised speaking to doc about a new prescription, so will see how I go the next few days. X

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »

Hi  I get like this when my period is due. ...even if it doesnt come!! Its horrible but will hopefully settle xx

4meSons

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:46:05 PM »

My period arrived so I know the utrogestan worked. I don't seem to be absorbing this gel very well it just seems to leave a sticky mess and is not drying. So I am having to rub it in x