Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Question about Utrogestan vaginal use  (Read 1398 times)

Mav196

Question about Utrogestan vaginal use
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:43:14 PM »

Hi ladies
I have a question about using utrogestan vaginally - sorry to be so graphic but I want to be sure I am doing it right! I insert it as far up as I can at night just before I get into bed but in the morning when I go to the loo there are some “remnants” of it in the toilet and on the tissue paper, also there is some of it in my underwear. The following night when I insert another one one there seems to be residue on my finger which must be from the previous one. Is this normal? I worry that it's not going where it needs to or that it's not dissolving completely.
Thanks for your help and once again sorry for being so graphic but there isn't a more delicate way to ask what I need to ask.
Thanks for your understanding.
Mav

cjmca

Re: Question about Utrogestan vaginal use
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »

I had the same queries when I first started using utrogestan vaginally - but it all worked as plannned with a withdrawal bleed and keeping uterine lining thin enough. The same happens to me with Vagifem etc - I think it's just a side-effect of the method of delivery?

Meeka

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 05:18:49 PM »

Hi ladies
I have a question about using utrogestan vaginally - sorry to be so graphic but I want to be sure I am doing it right! I insert it as far up as I can at night just before I get into bed but in the morning when I go to the loo there are some “remnants” of it in the toilet and on the tissue paper, also there is some of it in my underwear. The following night when I insert another one one there seems to be residue on my finger which must be from the previous one. Is this normal? I worry that it's not going where it needs to or that it's not dissolving completely.
Thanks for your help and once again sorry for being so graphic but there isn't a more delicate way to ask what I need to ask.

yes this sounds normal and utrogestan should be working ok . As long as its staying in place during the night I think everything should be OK.
Thanks for your understanding.
Mav

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 05:58:15 PM »

Yes thats perfectly normal just stay in bed after you have inserted it until the next morning.

Mav196

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »

Thanks for your replies ladies.....I am really having a hard time with this regime (estradiol gel 2mg, 200 Utrogestan)......I took Utrogestan orally for 7 days and I have had really bad palpitations so I switched to using it vaginally for the last 4 days. I was also taking Spironolactone 100mg daily as an “androgen blocker” to try to protect against hair loss from progesterone...so I don't know whether the palpitations are from the Spiro or the Utrogestan or something else entirely.  I ended up in the emergency room but ECG and Echocardiograph were normal. I have been on a cardiac holter monitor for the last 48 hours and hope to get results of that tomorrow. The ER Doctor said perhaps the SPIRO had dehydrated me and caused the palpitations but they couldn't be sure.....I last took Spiro on Wednesday but I am still having a fast heart rate today. I am 48 with a fairly regular cycle (25/26 days, no missed periods yet). I am trying HRT as a means to try to combat daily headache and migraines but I am absolutely miserable.
Have you experienced palpitations on this regime?
Thanks
Mav

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 06:43:37 PM »

The Utrogestan definitely makes me feel very wired up as if I have had way too much coffee, not a nice feeling at all and for those that say it makes them sleep like a baby, sadly I get the opposite effect.