Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem and itchy rectal area  (Read 14289 times)

Heidi1

Re: Vagifem and itchy rectal area
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 02:49:06 PM »

Borchesterlass - so glad your itching has improved. I've been on Vagifem about 2 months now - it's been great for my vagina - finally feels normal again after my surgery 14 weeks ago! I'm using the Vagifem 3 times a week. My anal itching hasn't improved yet though. I am still hoping though. I use sudacrem as well when it flares up.

JaneinPen

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 10:19:40 AM »

Hi borchesterlass.  I was only prescribed Vagifem at 66 because of continuous UTI's.  Now 67. I use it three times a week and my GP said that I could take it for as long as I wanted to and with the good results I will certainly be continuing to use it.  Good luck

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 12:23:27 PM »

To keep urogenital atrophy at bay, we all need to use Vagifem or other local oestrogen treatments, for the rest of our lives.  It would save the NHS a fortune if we were all using these treatments as we wouldn't need so many antibiotics for UTIs etc. and would probably reduce many lower bowel issues as well.  DG x

Shadyglade

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 02:24:23 PM »

To keep urogenital atrophy at bay, we all need to use Vagifem or other local oestrogen treatments, for the rest of our lives.

I can see where you are coming from for those that DO suffer, but not all of us do.  As yet I do not need Vagifem etc., so treating me would be a waste of NHS money.

Heidi1

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 02:52:09 PM »

Thanks Dancingirl - that's so true. VA is a big thing in surgical menopause for so many women- i had to ask for Vagifem. At first I didn't know what was happening to me down there after my surgery - I and had to research it. The Vagifem has really helped.
Pages: 1 [2]