Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1680 times)

Dotty

Is this normal?
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »

I'm on my 5th week of hrt. I had the dose upped 10 days ago . On Sunday I was beginning to feel more like me but that all seems to have gone again.

The night sweats were greatly reduced but last night were much worse again .....happened all night. Is it normal for symptoms to come back / get worse again ?

Thanks xx

Kathleen

Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »

Hello Dotty.

I would say yes, symptoms seem to come and go with gay abandon! I am post meno and have been using various types of HRT for over three years and I'm still experiencing a frustrating lack of stability. Only this morning I was imagining that the oestrogen receptive cells in my body seem to be taking it in turns to register their annoyance at no longer getting their chemical fix and as soon as one lot become exhausted from complaining another lot take their place. As an example I woke every two hours last night but slept like a log the night before and have no idea why.

I hope this reassures you that there are many versions of normal on this journey and that you begin to feel better soon.

Take care.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:25:24 AM »

Thanks Kathleen.
Are you taking hrt?

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 06:40:01 PM »

Hello again Dotty.

I have tried various types of HRT over the years and for the last nine months I have been taking a tablet called Livial. It is recommended for post meno women and contains a substance called Tibolone which the body breaks down to make hormones thereby supporting the production of oestrogen and progesterone rather than introducing an external supply.  Although less severe than they were I still have symptoms that I was hoping HRT would eradicate.

I am 61 now and had my last period at 54 so I came to the party relatively late  plus my bleeds were regular and heavy until they suddenly stopped so I didn't experience the tapering off of periods that many women have. All these factors may be contributing to my ongoing problems.

I will continue with Livial until I see my GP next month but I may try something else if it is suggested and I'll keep the forum updated.

Wishing you well.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 06:41:27 PM »

Thanks Kathleen. Hope you get sorted soon too x