Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Last meal before utrogestan  (Read 21732 times)

Otes73

Re: Last meal before utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 07:25:31 PM »

I take continuously as I have extensive Endometriosis, so although I've had a hysterectomy I still need the Utrogeston to help alleviate it. I do use it orally though not vaginally. Could you take the 100mgs for more days to see if that helped?

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 04:07:13 PM »

I have just started utrogestan last night but didn't realise it had to be taken on an empty stomach, why is that and how long after last meal should it be taken ?
My flushes are much better and my aches seem to be improving too I'm less stiff. :)

Hi 4mesons

The research I read actually says there is greater bio-availability of progesterone when taken with food than on an empty stomach - and therefore by implication that it works better with food. The only reason I can think of for taking it on an empty stomach is to give consistency in absorption as far as possible since fluctuation in progesterone levels can sometimes lead to irregular spotting or bleeding, and perhaps to reduce systemic absoprtion and therefore side effects but it seems bizarre to me. It will certainly work either way as far as I understand - but best to be consistent in how you take it.

Hurdity x

4meSons

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 04:42:14 PM »

Just finished my first 12 days of utrogestan and after reading about a lot of ladies being progesterone intolerant I worried myself into a bit of a state. Luckily I had no problems and took it after snacking, so it was never taken on an empty stomach. I just hope I haven't spoken to soon and end up having some withdrawal  :-\  my period arrived today too so it has done it's job x
Pages: 1 [2]