Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 35914 times)

Annie0710

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2017, 02:42:07 PM »

If your palps get too much ask doc for beta blockers.  The more physical symptoms you can erase the quicker you will feel better

I've had a horrible time with palps but I can't hsve beta blockers, I'd love a normal paced heart rhythm x

Yammy1

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2017, 02:46:19 PM »

Hi Annie I take Inderal ( beta blocker)10mg at night, doc said I could take one during the day as well but to be careful as my blood pressure is already low. I have calmed a bit and made it to the shops yay, just a bit dizzy so I'm going to take it easy for rest of day X

Annie0710

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »

Oh well done Yammy, yep one point to you, and nil for anxiety.

Better days are just round the corner xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2017, 02:53:53 PM »

All w can do is look forward, have a lovely weekend Anne x
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:05:36 PM by Yammy1 »

Annie0710

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2017, 03:03:06 PM »

And you Yammy xxx

dazned

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2017, 03:51:23 PM »

Well done you for tackling the shops ! :foryou:

Just think this time next week you should see more improvements. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2017, 03:55:42 PM »

Alcohol can alter the uptake of many medications and is also a depressant.  End of.  I've never worried about others drinking nor have they bothered me, they accept that I don't take alcohol.  I never justify why.  I never explain.  I am what I am  ;)

When I first got back into the local World after being housebound for 3 months, I went shopping in the quieter times of day.  The 1st day I walked round, taking tins off shelves and reading the labels B4 putting them back: I was more worried about being accused of shop lifting  ::).  Even now, 15 years down from there, I shop when it's quiet and never let shelves run out of stuff so if I panic, I can start again tomorrow.  It has been about managing the anxiety for me.  A very HARD learning curve  :(

Yammy1

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »

Thank you dazned, CLKD I didn't have a drink last night, but I may tonight. I respect that you choose not to but I personally like a tipple on weekends with hubby. I'm lucky I don't suffer depression I suffer from anxiety and I'm also aware that my body and mind need time to adjust to Meds. As I said regards alcohol I can tak it or leave it, but I don't judge people on weather they choose to or not. I was lucky today supermarket wasn't too busy, didn't buy loads just essentials but at least I did it x
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:12:13 PM by Yammy1 »

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2017, 04:10:40 PM »

Well done you!   :medal:  how did you feel, did you keep checking yourself, I still do so whilst shopping  ::) - do realise though that any 'odd' feelings tomorrow may well be the alcohol reaction so try not to panic  ;)

Yammy1

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »

Will do CLKD,  found myself looking at other shoppers, specially females and wondering how thy cope, but I guess they look at me too and think the same, it's not  like we have our symptoms tattooed on our forehead, nobody knows what's going on inside others, we are all fighting our own battle.

Yammy1

« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2017, 04:54:59 PM »

Thank you sparkle, isn't it amazing the little things that most people take for granted is such a milestone for others  ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »

THing is, it's so hard to describe isn't it?

It's like I feel I must ‘stand out' in any social/shopping situation, and not stand out in a good way, more like I've got 2 heads or have loo roll dragging along one of my shoes.  My daughter said to me that have I ever wondered that I get people looking because they might like my bag, or coat, or even think I look nice..... no I imagine the negatives lol x

Yammy1

« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2017, 07:33:26 PM »

So true, always think the worst. Your daughter has the right attitude, turn a negative into a positive, hard to do when anxiety has worn you down but with practice who knows  :hug:

Annie0710

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2017, 08:37:26 PM »

Well that is the woman who developed panic disorder and agoraphobia at Easter, totally out of the blue, she's always been so sociable and outgoing, it's her story that I relay to you to give you encouragement Yammy :-) xx

CLKD

« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2017, 08:40:07 PM »

However: if you stand quietly in the supermarket and watch others, how many really are looking at "U"!  My psychologist once asked why I thought I was so important that people would look at me - I was really really hurt  :'( but kind of got what she was trying to tell me. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14