Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 36006 times)

Yammy1

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2017, 06:54:10 PM »

Thank you Clare, not having a good day today, very anxious and panicky :'(. Hope it's just a blip and tomorrow is better. Have a lovely Christmas and new year. Just wondering how long your ads took to work

racjen

« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »

Hi Yammy, I really empathise with your descriptions of morning anxiety, it's awful and I've not had success with drugs,  but I do know that what really helps for me is to have a really really good cry. Sounds a bit extreme I know, but every morning at the moment I take myself out for a walk and cry my eyes out, and somehow the anxiety dissipates. I know it doesn't sound great, and also that not everyone can do that, but I'm finding that a feature of my mood at the moment is that my emotions are very close to the surface, and the only way to release them is to cry.

Yammy1

« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »

Thank you racjen, you've just brought it to my attention that I havnt cried in the six weeks since I started the ads. Feel sad but no tears :'(. I will give the Meds another few weeks but if no improvement I'll go back to doc. I don't really want to stop them after lasting six weeks but I'm no sure they're for me

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2017, 01:57:18 PM »

Do remember why you began the AD?  It may not be a cure but if it eases some of the symptoms  :-\.  I haven't cried for years but I no longer wake deeply afraid, I have a Life again ........... it needs to be reminded too that it can take 4-6 months of AD treatment B4 a person realises that, actually, they are beginning to feel better!

racjen

« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2017, 12:04:21 AM »

If it takes that long to see any positive effect, how can you be sure you're not just naturally coming out of the depression anyway? That does happen - for those who can't tolerate ADs sometimes time alone can heal. I think most doctors would expect some kind of discernible positive result within a month; the beneficial effects do continue to build up for some time after that, but as with all drugs they have negative effects too so I wouldn't carry on taking them regardless.

littleminnie

« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2017, 09:44:48 AM »

I personally would carry on Yammy1, if you stop now you will never know if they would have worked.   When I took them a few years ago, it took a long time to get back to being ‘me', but little by little I started to feel better.

Samade

« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »

Over the last 5 years I have tried 2 Ads, Fluoxetine and citalopram. Both worked brilliantly but mine did take about 4 months to work, I had some relief earlier. It was a case of the good days becoming more frequent and bad days less frequent, so there was a very slow but steady improvement and less and less bad days.
What kept me going was the thought that if it was hard to go on them I'd have to come off very gradually, I wouldn't be able stop over a week or two.   I wish I had never stopped the fluoxetine, I thought I was better and the next time the Dr suggested Citalopram might be better so I went through all the starting up issues again. BUT it is working and I have no intention of coming off unless there is a very good reason even if I am better.
Sorry ended up rambling lol

CLKD

« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2017, 05:19:12 PM »

You ramble!

4 me it was good result within 3-4 days but 3-4 months B4 I turned round one day thinking "I actually feel better".  I had slowly begun to pick up my Life again >PHEW< - each AD has lasted me well, 2-3 years in many cases.

Clare11

« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »

Hi all, i felt some relief after about 3 weeks but over time as others have said I felt more like me. And yes I didn't cry for ages but then that feeling came back, especially when watching sloppy films. Now I feel that the things that worried me don't worry me as nearly as much as they used to and the really bad worries hardly ever pop up. I did come of them for a while but I think I was far too early so back on them. I feel more myself and happier. I have been back on them now for 3 months.
It can take time.
x

CLKD

« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2017, 09:09:24 PM »

>wave Clare< - similar for me.  The end of The Incredible Journey will set me off  ::)

Yammy1

« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2017, 09:03:33 PM »

Thank you all. I am going to stick with ads for another while. Went away with hubby to hotel for two nights came back today, I was very anxious about going but was ok. We're heading to lanzarote next Friday for a week and on terrified I'll freak out, I don't like being out of my comfort zone :'( hopefully I'll b fine I have a few emergency Xanax just in case. I'm wondering I've been very tired and sleepy lately, hubby says I could sleep standing up  ;) would the ad be causing this. I know I yawn a lot but seemingly it's a common Sid effect
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:06:08 PM by Yammy1 »

CLKD

« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2017, 01:15:57 PM »

Not enough exercise in the fresh air?

Not sitting correctly?

Low blood sugar?

Anxiety can cause yawning.  As can some medications which may/not interfere initially with sleep patterns.

Pros and cons?

Enjoy Lanzarote, maybe take a Xanax the night B4 you fly?

Roseneath

« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2017, 02:11:07 PM »

Just wanted to say to Yammy thanks for sharing your exerience of starting ADs. The fact many of these things are trial and error is the hardest part for me. When you feel bad you are desperate not to feel worse! I am sure your holiday will be fantastic; we need Dr Curry to buy us a Menopase Matters timeshare Villa in Lanzarote please; would ' cure' most of us I'm sure!

Yammy1

« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2017, 04:37:20 PM »

Roseneath, could you imagine us all together in lanzatote :D. The island would close down  lol. I'm struggling with highs and lows on ads, but I don't want to give up just yet. I don't suffer from depression I take them for anxiety. Mainly health anxiety(convinced there's something wrong with my heart) its the pits. No Matter how many doctors tell me my heart is fine I still worry. I don't want to be reliant on medication but I also know I need it right now, maybe some day I'll be able to cope on my own but until then I will stick with it. I'm not 'cured' but the Meds are defineatly helping. Hope you all have a lovely stress free, peaceful new year   :party:

CLKD

« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »

I didn't want to take ADs but I need them for Life.  Acceptance that I now have a Life again ;-).

Lanzarote - enjoy, I don't fly  :-\ .......... I think it's a great idea though: warm weather, pool? , black sand ........
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14