Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello - Experiences with Elleste Duet 1mg  (Read 1093 times)

Elmsey

Hello - Experiences with Elleste Duet 1mg
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:04:45 AM »

Hi,
I joined recently and have been taking Elleste Duet 1mg for two months.  Initially the symtoms improved significanly, but over the past week or so my flushes are returning, bit day and night.  They are not as bad as they were, but still enough to disturb my sleep.  I have also found my anxiousness is returning.

I am wondering if I should be asking to take a higher doseage or a different formulation? :-\

Elmsey

Nina1204

Re: Hello - Experiences with Elleste Duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 10:02:36 AM »

Hi Elmsey,

I've only been on it since last Thursday and so far not much of an improvement. I would say that if it's not working for you now maybe you should speak to your GP. If my symptoms don't improve soon that's what I'll be doing. :)

Nina

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »

Hi Elmsey

:welcomemm:

What were you periods doing before you started HRT - were they pretty irregular and quite big gaps between them, or was your cycle still strong ie every 28 days or so mostly?

If your flushes are returning then it may well be that you will benefit from a higher dose (there is a 2 mg version of Elleste Duet). However some women also report getting flushes when on the type that you are taking - during the combi part of the preparation - so if this is happening with you maybe a different product might help such as Femoston which has a different progestogen. Also some of the synthetic progestogens ( like in Elleste) can give more pms type symptoms, whereas with Femoston this seems to be less likely (according to reports on here).

Perhaps give it another month if you can ( 3 months is the usual time recommended to try HRT before switching if you can cope) but make that doc appointment in case you need it so that you can discuss changing it if you see no improvement.

Hurdity x

LizzyD

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 12:13:57 AM »

Hi Nina
I had exactly that happen to me on ED. For about a month plus I was ecstatic that my flushes were almost gone and other symptoms better but then it seemed to just stop working....I have also tried  Activelle and a similar thing happened and I bled almost constantly on that as well.
Currently on Angelique which as Hirdity  says contains a different form of progesterone which seems to suit some ladies more - certainly has worked better for me (at the moment!)
I' tried another HRT too the name of which escapes me now..... I guess what I'm saying is I'd ask for an alternative.  It does seem to be trial and error what  will work. Good luck x ???

LizzyD

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 12:16:52 AM »

Sorry - Elmsey!
I replied to the wrong person 😳
X