Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: HELP....am in dire straits with never ending list  (Read 17490 times)

Bj118

Re: HELP....am in dire straits with never ending list
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2017, 01:04:39 PM »

Oh dear, Dotty, you sound like you are having an awful time....hugs for you
How long do you have to take HRT to see results? Sorry as I don't take HRT.

Dotty

« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »

My doc said give it 2-3 months

Bj118

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2017, 02:19:47 PM »

Dotty, am sorry that you will have to struggle for 2/3 months.... have no wise words to comfort you!
Just sending you gentle hugs.....❤️
On top of facing the physical aspects, I am struggling massively from anxiety. 😰😰😰

Dotty

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2017, 02:31:15 PM »

Thanks BJ. You are very kind. 😘

Victorianankervis

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2017, 07:05:04 PM »

Hi Bj118, I am not confident HRT will work as my 30mg combined  pill hasn't put me back to how I felt before I stopped taking it. I am willing to give it a go and would love to feel like I am living  again instead of just existing. It has been reassuring to read others posts and realise I am not alone. I know lots of menopausal women ( mostly at work!) But none them seem to have as many symptoms as me. I don't know if it was because I went into it full force, going from
 having oestrogen via the pill to having none in a matter of months. I kind of missed the  peri stage. Well I have an appointment next week so will see how it goes. Fingers crossed. Thank you for posting.

Hurdity

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2017, 09:24:09 AM »

Hi Victorianankervis

:welcomemm:

Sorry your post got missed by most members because your introduction is on someone's thread! If you want to repost and start a new thread in the new members area then more will be along to welcome you and to talk about your situation?

It may be that now you are peri-menopausal perhaps you are tolerating the progestogen part of the pill less well than you used to and a different preparation may help? I'm not an expert on these (pills) but I know some have different generations of progestogen in, with the later types being better tolerated and with fewer side effects? There is also the pill QLAIRA which bridges the gap between the pill and HRT as the oestrogen is the same type as HRT (estradiol), but it is still a CCP - and only has 2 tablet free days. The oestrogen dose is variable throughout the cycle. It might be worth asking about this one or looking into some of the other CCP types?

Another alternative is to have a Mirena coil ( for contraception) and then take oestrogen as patch, tablet or gel for the oestrogen - and the coil will protect your womb lining.

Hope this helps.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]