Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: A day from hell  (Read 24480 times)

getting_old

Re: A day from hell
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 07:06:42 PM »

So pleased to hear there are signs of improvement, and also that the dog owner is taking responsibility. I do hope she can come home soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 07:25:51 PM »

Ginger females aren't as rare as is thought ;-).  One needs a tortoiseshell somewhere along the line to get the various colourations.

So pleased to hear that Bert is improving and no doubt she was pleased to see you with the best food a Cat-mum will provide ;-).  You were pleased to see her perking up too!

You may need to keep her crated to keep her quiet if she comes home, perhaps the Surgery will lend you one.  Also remember that sometimes food slightly warmed is tempting to cats as it encourages the nasal cavity = yummy.

Did U sleep?  Hopefully the owner of the dog/s will continue to pay.  His dogs need to be kept muzzled when out in public !

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 07:52:58 PM »

I did manage to sleep, around midnight after taking my tablet for my back.  Vets gave me another number for dog warden so I'll try them again tomorrow.  We've moved to a Victorian cottage and there's a big old door from the kitchen to the stairs so Bert will stay up there until she's stronger.  We have a litter tray and I've just ordered an electric tap/Water cat thing as she prefers drinking from taps so this seems the closest we can get for her to mimic a tap running

X

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 07:55:11 PM »

I wonder why they drink water that we wouldn't touch  ::) ........ stale from puddles or straight from the tap ........

Joaniepat

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 08:42:35 PM »

Annie, I am so sorry to hear about what happened to Bert. I hope you get her home soon and that she will soon recover her health and equilibrium.

CLKD, there's nowt so strange as cats when it comes to drinking water. One of ours would only drink from ponds and puddles, and when he was ill I would have to traipse down to our pond for his water supply. I suppose he didn't like the chlorine in tap water. A colleague's cat would only drink from a proper drinking glass which had to be placed in the bath!

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:30 PM »

They have such a strong sense of smell probably  ???

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 09:26:06 PM »

I called vets for our evening update.  She hasn't eaten since I saw her.  She's back on the drip (they disconnect it for exercise time and when I visited).  They may feed her by tube tomorrow as they have been trying to feed by syringe but don't want to start a bad habit.  Nurse said they might also give her more appetite stimulant like they did today.  They're thinking it's probsbly because her tummy is so swollen and sore too.  But until she eats and it passes through I doubt she'll be home

JaneinPen

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »

Oh dear Annie0710 I do hope Bert picks up today. So worrying for you.

I can imagine the dog owner will be keeping his dogs on a lead in future after paying the vets fees.  Not one he will wish to repeat

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »

HI all

Bert started eating the food I left there in the night so they've allowed her home today.  I'm upstairs with her now.  She's on tablets to help her liver function properly and 2 different antibiotics and pain relief.  Back Friday for a check up and back in 2 weeks for stitches out.  To be kept in 3 weeks, but I'll be happy if she never leaves the house again

Waiting for Dog Warden to call me back
X

Claireylou

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 12:51:15 PM »

Oh Annie, I'm so relieved to hear she's back home with you. It's such an horrific story, truly horrendous.

Lots of love and cuddles and she'll be on the road to recovery before you know it.

Lots of love xxx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 01:09:28 PM »

PHEW!  don't over feed even if she is keen.  Vomiting would pull the bruising and cats tend to eat fast and then chuck up  ::)

Maybe this dog owner is on the radar of Police or Dog Warden so doesn't want to have them involved?  How did he *really* seem during the incident ?

Annie0710

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 03:06:01 PM »

He's been good.  He's paid up again today, another £106

He was/is genuinely concerned.  It's been a massive emotional and financial lesson to him I hope. 

I have to keep watching Bert for signs of things going wrong.  Not just the incision sites (she has 2, long one on the right hand side and a shorter one on her tummy.  Her anus and vaginal opening are both shaved as the dogs caught her there too.  But it's the liver too, I have to monitor her behaviour.  It's a different stress now she's in my care, there was peace of mind whilst she was staying with the vet.  All the staff have individually asked the story, so I'm assuming it's not as common as I thought it might be

X

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 03:10:53 PM »

Caring can be tiring so when you want to cuddle up do so, doze together  :cat88:

getting_old

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 10:29:03 PM »

Really pleased to hear she's home, however it sounds like she will be returning to the vets for checkups and maybe need pills in the future so ensure that the dog owner realises that bills don't stop just because she's home.

I'm sure she's happier to be home with you, and that will help her recover. Hugs to both of you.

p.s. your dog warden sounds as effective as ours, aka useless!

Annie0710

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 10:57:20 PM »

They didn't call back x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10