Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling so ill....  (Read 1919 times)

Mini1

Feeling so ill....
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:42:46 PM »

Hi

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but I am feeling so ill.  I am 53 and stopped having periods 3 years ago.  I have suffered with hot flushes for 4 years and other minor symptoms.  In the last 2 months I have been feeling really ill.....hot flushes getting worse, cold flushes, exhaustion, nausea, heart palpitations.  I can't do anything because I feel so poorly.  Is it possible that these symptoms are being caused by the menopause.  I don't take any medication.  Thank you xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Feeling so ill....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:26:10 PM »

:welcomemm:

I would say you have classic menopause symptoms. Read up all the info on this site, write out your symptoms and queries and make an appointment with the GP to ask for some HRT to try. You are still young and HRT might well get your life back on track. DG x

dazned

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »

Have you had your bloods checked recently ? Thyroid,vit D,diabetics,etc. Whilst the symptoms you described can be and are menopausal symptoms it's best to get the once over first from your doctor to rule anything else out of the picture. Lots of symptoms overlap other conditions not everything may be down to the Menopause. How's your diet and general exercise routine ?

Salad

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:25:36 PM »

Yes - they sound menopausal.

Would you consider HRT? It's my lifesaver  :D

Dennylou48

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »

Hi go to the doctor and have bloods taken for cpr cultures, I was like you and left it until I was so poorly I didn't want to get out of bed permanently. When I eventually went doctors I had bloods done and I had an infection. Not saying you have but it's best to check, good luck xx

Mini1

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 07:36:33 AM »

Hi thanks for all the replies. I have had blood tests which show that everything else is ok....thyroid, B12, no infection, folate and ferritin.....so I think the symptoms must be menopausal so I am waiting to see my doctor again to discuss HRT. Just want to feel better x

peri

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »

Hi Mini1 Good luck with your doctor and trialling hrt.  Just to say I felt better very quickly on my regime + hrt protects your heart and bones as well so it's a good way of looking after yourself.  Let us know how you get on x