Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Restless legs  (Read 3905 times)

Biker Chick

Re: Restless legs
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »

Thank you everyone for your comments. I'll try increasing my banana intake. I already make sure I eat one a day because I have an ectopic heartbeat and eating bananas eases the symptoms. I'll try elevating my legs as well against the wall. Yes I agree that during the night putting my legs and feet out of the bed to cool down seems to help. I've recently had a medical MOT because my irregular heartbeat has been more noticeable and blood taken for various things and they all came back fine. I think it has been worse due to my depression. Thank you again for all your suggestions.I'm so glad I found this forum x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »

Have a look at the list of drugs that may affect RLS in the Link that Taz posted. 

I have it in mind to look at the web-site Taz but lack energy right now.

knorman

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 09:34:50 AM »

Hello Biker Chick Happy Christmas

Strangely I was having this conversation last night.  Try Better You magnesium oil, magnesium helps relax muscles.  I've used it for years now and if I stop using it for any reason, the restless legs come back.  Recommended it to about 10 people now and it has worked for every single one. The first time using it, use sparingly as it causes quite a sting (the more you need it the more it stings). I use it on back and front of calves after shower in the morning.  Hope it works if you give it a try, for some reason, Drs do not seem to know about it!

JaneinPen

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »

Hi knorman.  I really suffer with RLS. do you buy the magnesium oil in somewhere like Holland & Barrett?

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 01:58:12 PM »

Elevation can help, briefly.  So can Neurofen - bananas etc. .........

knorman

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 06:37:04 PM »

Hello and Happy New Year. Better You magnesium oil spray works for me and has worked for other people I have recommended it to. Start slowly with it as when you first use it, it feels like your legs are on fire. It's said that the more it stings, the magnesium deficient you are. I hope it works for you if you try it. Good luck.

JaneinPen

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »

Thank you knorman. Happy New a Year. Have tried bananas but they really give me indigestion so prefer not to eat them. This looks like an option worth exploring further

Biker Chick

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 10:52:02 PM »

Hi everyone, haven't been on the site for a while. Hope you all had a nice Christmas.
Thanks Knorman for the tip about the magnesium oil, I will give it a go as I am still getting restless legs.
Take care. All the very best for 2018
xx :)

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »

:thankyou:

JaneinPen

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 06:25:40 PM »

Thanks sparkle

knorman

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 03:01:52 PM »

Hello Herdwick, sorry not to reply earlier, yes H & B, or you can buy it cheaper on line.  I usually wait until H & B have their deals on, but desperate the other day so bought it full price.  Being menopausal is not cheap!

JaneinPen

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »

Too true knorman. Thanks for tip
Pages: 1 [2]