Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Made wrong choice of Sofa !  (Read 6014 times)

Maryjane

Re: Made wrong choice of Sofa !
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »

Groundhog .....my husband has a stressless chair about 15 years old , and he couldn't be without it very comfortable and worth every penny.

It will last for years and years and years.

groundhog

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 06:50:40 PM »

Well when I say MY sitting room,  he will be allowed in lol.
Our main living room is at the back of the house and a bit dull as it doesn't get direct sunlight.  So I wanted a sitting room at the front where I read, watch Tv, look out the window - it's a nice sunny room.  At the moment it's a bedroom as I said and what happens since I went Ill is I sit on the bed in the day if I'm doing my bags or just tired,   and then if husband or anyone for that matter comes in for a chat or whatever,  they have to sit on the bed. 
Stressless - Maryjane yes they are lovely and quality is second to none.  I may consider it yet xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »

I would go to a charity shop, we saw some lovely furniture today ;-)

JaneinPen

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 08:13:56 PM »

Be strong tomorrow Groundhog xx

groundhog

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 09:21:35 PM »

I will be strong, I'm usually very calm and pleasant and get good results but we shall see x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 02:01:02 PM »

Go on, do tell - what did you decide?

groundhog

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 06:14:46 PM »

Well I phoned and in fairness they were fine,  deposit refunded with no real problems.  She did ask if she could do something with the price which I thought a bit odd but I said was nothing to do with the cost, it just wasnt right for me or the room .  So that's sorted.
We've decided now to leave buying anything until the room is empty and decorated so we can better a better idea of things. 
Thanks all for your words of advice xx

Two hoots

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »

:clapping:

JaneinPen

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »

Well done Groundhog. You definitely did the right thing

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 08:02:04 PM »

PHEW!

JaneinPen

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2017, 08:48:48 AM »

A thought for you Groundhog. Once your room is finished and ready for furniture. Put all the bits you know you will definitely need in there. Now look for a chair/s or a little sofa. Take the measurements. Go home and stick or staple newspaper pages the size and place on floor where you will want them situated and reposition until you are happy and perhaps leave for a couple of days to see if the size really works then hopefully you will be happy with your purchase. We did this with a very awkward space and are happy with the result. A bit of a faff but hopefully worth it in the long term 🛋🛋

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 11:32:08 AM »

Good Idea, when I re-designed our bathroom we make the template on our garage floor in chalk and every time a piece arrived, it was stood in place.  To make sure that it fitted rather than hauling bits upstairs and finding out that they didn't!

dahliagirl

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 11:49:10 AM »

When rearranging the childrens bedrooms, I used to have scale drawings on graph paper with little paper shapes for the beds, wardrobes etc.

Watch for where doors will open.

Once you have worked out how much space it takes on the floor, don't for get to try out something the same height in the space too.

It is washing machines I have a problem with.  They can be an expensive, noisy mistake.  >:(

groundhog

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 04:17:15 PM »

Yes good Idea,  I really don't know what I was thinking !  I showed My daughter a picture of it and she called it an old mans sofa and agreed it was awful !
So the moral of the story is don't go shopping when shattered with husband.  I am so glad they agreed to refund,  I would have been gutted.
I want a nice pretty chill out room so yes I am going to wait until the room is empty and decorated and then try a few things to see what works best. 
We have a relative in decorating the new garage conversion,   he's really really fussy which is great but puts us to shame and I'm noticing the rest of the bungalow looks rather scruffy. 
Ah well, life is too short xx  just want this work over with x
Thanks ladies xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 05:54:10 PM »

Yay so pleased you got a refund, and that's the sort of thing I'd of said to my mum 😁Xxx
Pages: 1 [2]