Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do anxiety and depression get worse before periods stop completely?  (Read 9445 times)

dazned

Re: Do anxiety and depression get worse before periods stop completely?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 09:31:08 PM »

Hi SnOOpy  sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment hopefully you will settle soon.
I too am on mirtazapine after trying so many HRT regimes unsuccessfully. It really was a life saver for me ,I've got my life back again thank goodness ! Wasted a year of my life trying this that and other ! So hang on things can and do get better. ;)

Roseneath

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 10:07:27 AM »

Snoop I am with you. I have struggled the last few days. I feel wound up and just can't get perspective on things; convinced I have early on-set dementia! been doing the on-line tests!  Feel I can't go back to any of the GPs as they have seen this all before with me. But do know you are not alone with this ; we are ' normal' perimenopausal women. Eating does help me, I have just had a coffee and a croissant and feel my mood lift a little. One step at a time. It's OK to cry, if fact after a good blub yesterday I felt a little better. You will cope, your not going to die, just concentrate on the next 12 hours.  I am giving you all the advice I don't take myself!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »

Ginger is good!  :)

I feel absolutely exhausted after panic attacks  :'( (my first at age 3).  I feel worn out trying to hide my feelings from others so I don't mix as often as I used to do.  My husband cooks, mostly from fresh as I am a recovering anorexic and would never consider cooking ....... I can, but don't.  When really ill I can't go into the kitchen!

I can't answer the original query though, as I was already on medication.

sn00py

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »

Hi All,
The visit from my niece is going well. The first night i had such high anxiety and i couldn't sleep and ended up with horrible anxiety the next day. I gave in and took a tiny bit Lorazepam and it helped.

Yesterday was great. I took half Zopiclone and had a good sleep. We went to France and had a lovely time. The weather was perfect. I felt great.  :sunny:

But today, in spite of good sleep, had anxiety all day and still do. I woke up with anxiety and bad stomach. I don't know why i am up and down like this. But the good day yesterday was after a long time.

Hurdity, no i didn't have anxiety before peri. Looking back i think i had some depression for a couple of years, but i thought it was because of my dissatisfaction with my job. I changed jobs now and i like it. But still have anxiety and depression. I tried Estrogen and progesterone cream, but all my symptoms worsened. I was 51 when i tried it. Now I am 54. My gynae has given me Estrogel cream and Progesterone capsules. But because of past experience I am not taking it. I am not in the UK. So am not familiar with HRT there. 

This is the end of 3rd week since i started 15 mg Mirtazapine with 30 mg Promethazine. I know not everyone reacts the same way to ADs. But is it normal to still have anxiety on Mirtazapine? My mood is getting better. But the anxiety is the worst symptom now. I get it worse in the mornings when i wake up. Also my stomach is so sensitive. I have to be so careful what i eat. And when i eat. I have a stressful day tomorrow at work. I hope i can sleep tonight and function tomorrow. I am getting so tired of this anxiety, both mentally and physically. I have never felt like this in my whole life, with no confidence and constant anxiety. I feel like i am a totally different person. Too sad that i have lost my old (good) self  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 09:15:34 PM »

Anxiety is dreadful.  It almost killed me.  I have a beta-blocka morning and night as well as the Lorazepam as an emergency drug.  Have you tried deep breathing?  It helped me for a while, also Rescue Remedy mouth spray.

How is your diet, eating every 3 hours can ease anxiety surges.  If you have a bathroom visit in the night maybe have a ginger biscuit to munch B4 going back to sleep.  That hormone Cortisol has a lot of answer for  >:(, it's the one that gets us out of bed in the morning apparently but I wish it were more gentle!!

sn00py

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 04:11:16 PM »

Hi!
I have survived 10 days of our niece's visit with and without anxiety, with and without depression. It's amazing how much the human body and mind can take. My times of anxiety with depression were more than without them. She is leaving on Tuesday. On the whole had a good time. Wish my health had been better. I would have enjoyed her visit more. When i had anxiety, i was mostly quiet. Luckily, our niece is also a very quiet person. So it was not that stressful. Only my DH wanted her to talk as he talks a lot. But poor thing, she didn't know what to say. Still has a lot of growing up to do.
Last night sleep was poor, in spite of meds. Finally took half Zopiclone at 2:40 A.M. and slept. Should have taken it earlier. Having horrible anxiety all day, which is quite tiring. And sooooo groggy. Trying to cope with Promethazine. I have noticed that just before my anxiety ramps up, i get very sleepy. Before, if i got sleepy, i just laid down and slept. Now i am not able to do that because of the stupid anxiety. I have nothing to be anxious or depressed about.
Does anyone know of a good drug against anxiety apart from Benzos? The 15 mg Mirtazapine and Promethazine are not cutting it for me. Raising the Mirt makes me a zombie. I am thinking of trying a quarter of Mirt in the morning when i get up with anxiety. But i have to try it on a day off from work. I am soooo tired both physically and mentally.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 04:42:23 PM »

I am tired right now, due to busy, involved, deep dreams in the night.  When I sleep in the day it is refreshing.

I used Valium 5mg as necessary with success during the 1990s.  Now my GP has given me an emergency drug for when the anxiety floors me.

I have in the past used an anti-histamine when I need deep sleep - Note to Self ;-)

sn00py

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »

Thank you CLKD for the tip. I notice that when i struggle with anxiety all day, i have a hard time falling asleep even if i take Mirtazapine. And i really don't want to take Benzos.

Sorry that your night was not so good. I hope you feel better soon.

I just took my dose of mirt and 1 Promethazine and starting to feel better. When i have a bad day, i crave for the mirt and can hardly wait for evening to come. I am thinking of going to my doctor again. It is now the 4th week and i am thinking the mirt should have kicked in and given me sustained relief from anxiety.

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »

Maybe a hike in dose ?

In answer to the original query - I really don't know  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]