Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'Miracle Baby'!  (Read 5337 times)

Tinkerbellj

Re: 'Miracle Baby'!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »

Tinkerbellj I no the fe long straight after I had my daughter I started the menopause and got ME so I've always been "unwell" and "tired" and my daughter was so full of beans when she was younger (still is at 18) but I feel sad that  I couldn't do more with her xxx
xxx thank u

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 11:53:14 AM »

However: that sorry is yours.  They know you: as you 'are' now ;-).  Children don't expect much: love, attention, warmth, food the occasional treat ......... not having energy might mean that parents read more, do puzzles etc. ;-)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:46:49 PM by CLKD »

Butterfly22

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:41 AM »

Exactly, my friends have always said she has only known me like this, a lot of time I had to just go to bed but one good thing she knows how to entertain herself as I read boredom is one of the most important things for childr n as these days always have after school clubs ect and never no what to do when not being entertained. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 01:15:38 PM »

Children are only as bored as their parents allow them to be  ;).  If I ever mentioned the 'b' word I was sent to dust my bedroom  ;D

Think back: kids have access to c computers etc. but in My Day  ::) we had to read, make our own fun with dolls, train sets, a sheet over the table on wet days to make-believe underneath.  She will be OK!  Kids don't use their imaginations enough these days.  On wet days Mum used to cover the table with newspaper and allow us to paint: anyone remember magic painting books? or do pastry or use plasticine. 

Sometimes it is enough that we be still.  Reading, sitting, watching the wildlife from the window ;-)

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 01:45:21 PM »

tinkerbellj and Butterfly - please don't beat yourselves up!  Don't look back with regret but forward with hope and optimism about the future for you and them. We all do the best we can as parents, and our children love us for who we are and because we love them - and that's what you are doing :)

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 02:06:06 PM »

Exactly, a lot of kids now don't get bored so never have the chance to use there imagination. Mind I remember one day poorly had to lie down and my daughter was watching a dvd, well it must have finished so she put another one in! IT was a horror/thriller room 1408, poor thing came and woke me up as she was so frightened 😬

And thanks Hurdity, I'm always being told what a credit she is to me and she is always happy and singing away so that makes me smile. Xxxx

dazned

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »

Ooh magic painting that's a blast from the past !😁
I had a vivid imagination as a kid I count myself lucky in not having internet,DVD,etc growing up. ::)

Snoooze

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »

A few of my friends and I have commented that we had our children in our 30's, so now our meno is coinciding with their puberty, so it's hormones flowing all around which is difficult!

I think we all doubt ourselves sometimes as parents but as long as our kids seem happy then we shouldn't worry.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 03:48:11 PM »

I think that has been true for years Snoooze .........

That's why the men in my family didn't sit in the lounge for very long  ::)

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 04:07:02 PM »

Thank u ladies. I suppose mothers always doubt themselves. My daughter has just come to me out of the blue and said I love u mummy u give the best snuggles....out if the mouth of babes. I shed a sneaky tear! X

Butterfly22

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »

Ah that's lovely, that tells you just what you need to no xxx

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 05:58:00 PM »

aaaaahhhhh ............ see, she's not expecting too much.  Unless she's seen a comic she would like you to buy and it's cupboard love ;-)
Pages: 1 [2]