Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Black dog  (Read 2902 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Black dog
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 02:37:06 PM »

Anxiety and depression are totally different illnesses.  They can however feed off each other.

I have had anxiety always: first day back at School, meeting new people, going to strange places, interview nerves, driving test worries. 

I had a lot of tears the night B4 my period began, even if 1 wasn't due.  But that was different to the depression that hit me in the middle 1980s.  I had heavy, clotty bleeds, nausea, intense crippling pain every month until I insisted on The Pill.  In my 30s NAPS advised me to eat every 3 hours because I suffered intense, sudden almost-going-2B-sick feelings ........ I have kept to that regime since.

Peri came and went with a lessening of periods, less nausea, then suddenly I was bleed free.  By then my medication regime was sorted.  I did have intermittent itchy skin and VA eventually caught up with for which my GP gave appropriate treatment.

4 me anxiety surges feel like hot water coursing through my veins, frightened me to death for the first few times it happened  ::)

Teresa - I prefer to go shopping alone so that if I have a panic attack I don't have to justify why I'm fleeing the situation  ::).  I avoid certain situations to avoid the possibility of panic attacks.  It's taken years to get where I am .........
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:38:59 PM by CLKD »

Nasil41

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 11:10:36 AM »

That is just how I would describe it like hot water coursing through my veins it's awful and really scary and anxiety feeds off anxiety so it's a vicious circle
I went to see GP this morning who has been in contact with psychiatry they suggest increasing my mirtazapine which is what I was thinking so I'm ok with that . My GP has also discussed hrt with me she recommended this site and she seems very knowledgeable on the subject ( thank God as my cousins GP didn't have a clue). She has prescribed femseven sequi but I'm having a big problem of finding a chemist who stocks it as none of my local ones do
I also got 3 diazepam for emergencies it gives me comfort just knowing I have them x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 11:31:37 AM »

How do you feel after the appt., supported?

It may be worth while informing your GP of the difficulties you are having in sourcing the Prescription.

Once I realised that the hot water sensations were adrenaline I could accept that it wasn't going to get any worse but the first few times  :o

Nasil41

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 02:24:08 PM »

Yes I do feel supported by my GP CLKD she has been with me from the start of this so has seen me at my worse. They recommend I try CBT again as last time I was too ill the therapist discharged me  :(
I've contacted another chemist and they are ordering it in for me so could be ready to pick up later today or in the morning
I'm not expecting miracles but just a better quality of life instead of the one I have now x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 02:34:36 PM »

Don't feel alone, there's usually someone around to have a moan with ;-)

Pages: 1 [2]