Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: I can't take this anymore!  (Read 16962 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I can't take this anymore!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 05:44:04 PM »

Eat - every 3 hours, 24/7 etc..  Keeps the chance of that sudden anxiety surge when the body is hungry.

Snoooze

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »

Eat - every 3 hours, 24/7 etc..  Keeps the chance of that sudden anxiety surge when the body is hungry.

24/7?!

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 07:44:27 PM »

Hi Starla76

I haven't read this whole thread - only your first post but just to say if you do end up going through an early menopause (ie before the average age of menopause of 51/52) then HRT is recommended to protect heart and bones. Anyone who tells you that taking HRT postpones things is wrong. You only go through menopause once ie cessation of ovarian function. If you take HRT for some years and then come off and your symptoms come back, then it is likely that they would have been present all the time you were taking HRT. Some women get them for years, some not at all, some for a short time. You don't know which one you're going to be! If you stop HRT post-menopause then your hormones are no longer fluctuating wildly and so will be stable.

Having said that - if your periods are still regular approx 28 days or shortening and your cycles aren't variable in length you are probably at what is known as the Late Reproductive Stage ie ovaries working but things begin to go a bit awry = symptoms.  A difficult stage! Often women get much worse pms at this point but sometime difficult to find the right HRT as oestrogen may not yet have fallen sufficiently.

Some gynaes prescribe the combined contraceptive pill (not the POP) to women at this stage to regulate the cycle - so preventing the mood swings/extreme pms and you are young enough to be able to take this. Provided you are OK with the progestogens you may well feel so much better.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 08:03:49 PM »

Menopausal brain  ;D

every 3 hours, night and day; all week ........ no missing ;-)

Roseneath

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 01:56:04 PM »

I really identify with your post. I am trying to hang on to the fact that some times in the month for me are much worse than others. I can have two weeks of feeling OK then a few days of terrible anxiety and brain fog.  When I am in this phase I totally forget that I will probably be fine in a few days; it just feels like the end of the world. I find I am worse if the weather is bad too and when I am late for a meal. (Just managed to have some lunch today at 2:30pm and just five minutes after I feel better, more calm). I think this stage of our lives is so busy for most of us and we have so little time to just ' be' and ' chill'. I joke that if I could go to 'Menopause Island' with you guys I would be cured!

Yammy1

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »

CLKD every three hours? surly disturbing sleep to eat every three hours can't be good for you. I have type two diabetes so I know all about sugar rushes and drops, but there is no way I would purposely wake myself every three hours to eat. I also have a hiatus hernia and I know if i eat late at night even something small I will pay for it the next day :'(. It may well work for you but there is no way on earth I would wake myself so often to eat.

Snoooze

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »

CLKD every three hours? surly disturbing sleep to eat every three hours can't be good for you. I have type two diabetes so I know all about sugar rushes and drops, but there is no way I would purposely wake myself every three hours to eat. I also have a hiatus hernia and I know if i eat late at night even something small I will pay for it the next day :'(. It may well work for you but there is no way on earth I would wake myself so often to eat.

I agree.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »

I didn't suggest that 1 wakes to eat but if one goes to the bathroom or wakes without going back to sleep, to have a biscuit to keep energy levels even.  It's a long while between an evening meal and breakfast.  Yep.  Every 3 hours.  I have to do so all the while or I get very ill and panic attacks take over  :'(.  The idea is spread the daily meal out, not to eat any extra ;-)

A hiatus hernia should be 'fed' regularly too.  To stop excess acid building up.  I had to eat in the early hours and laid awake, waiting 4 the reflux to start  ::) ..... fortunately it didn't happen.

Wendy65

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 11:04:00 AM »

Hi Starla,

I feel your pain. I am currently signed off work for 3 weeks as I had a complete meltdown. I also have (had) a stressful job and I was offered another job and then had a breakdown. Work were not sympathetic.

I start my new job soon and I am not returning to the old one. I feel a sort of grief about that as my colleagues were so wonderful.

I am trying to look after myself. I try to do something constructive every day to take my mind of things. ( I have just srapped some christmas presents!!!)   .

I am worried about starting a new job in case I can't cope with that either. A few less hours so hopefully that will help.

Like you I have never felt so low. I am aged 52, have a Mirena coil and take Elleste 1mg per day. Going back to see g.p soon as I'm sure I need a change of meds.

I really feel for you, You are not alone.

Wendy65

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 07:33:50 PM »

Wendy - maybe you need a hike in Elleste ?  Do you keep a diary of symptoms, something to discuss with your GP/Practice Nurse? 

I too went through a stressful work situation, people were great, management had no idea and HR didn't understand the title - it made me ill and almost cost me my marriage!

Roseneath

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 07:53:44 AM »

Guys I feel rubbish today too. Tearful, terrified, can't think straight, just want to be alone in a room. Is this normal for peri? I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I took a Nitol last night as it was midnight and my mind was racing, had also had a couple of glasses of wine earlier. Feel so alone as I am trying to hide it from the kids and husband. Is this how you guys feel too?

Butterfly22

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »

I do and did on Monday, just wanted to hide from everyone and didn't answer phone calls as family would tell in my voice I was low and did not want pitty.
I was still low the but the one thing that gets me through is it dose not last forever, go with your feelings just remember it will pass xxxx

helen lamy

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »

hello I am so glad I found this forum, this is the first time I have ever done anything like this, but I have got to the end of my tether feeling so bad and low. I am 50 in December and have probably been in peri for about year now, still have regular periods and had really bad flushes about 30 a day but cut out caffeine completely and started starflower and evening primrose oil along with B12 and B6 and the flushes have gone ! I have now got really bad anxiety, low self esteem, not sleeping, angry, fuzzy head, cant concentrate, tearful all the time, and hubby has really had enough now too and things have got really bad between us which is not helping my anxiety. I went to the doctor on Monday and she gave me an antidepressant sertiline I think, I have been taking it 5 days and sometimes I get really good thoughts and positivity and others go right back down again, she did say to give it 2 weeks but I want instant results ! thanks for reading.
Helen

Roseneath

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 11:13:47 AM »

Hi Helen lamy. Your post could be mine! I plucked up courage to try and talk to me husband today but wish I hadn't. He gets frustrated when all I want is someone to listen and  he uses words like..." snap out of it...you know what it is you'll be fine in a few days ..all in the mind...think of people with real problems etc".   He thinks this forum is just women hyping each other up and is part of my problem!  He thinks AD and HRT just ' mucks up your system' (Should never hv married a Yorkshire man! - apologies to all the other Yorkshire men out there); I may try an AD too as I tried HRT but I don't think it was the right time (periods still regular) and it made my anxiety worse.  Will be interested to hear how your get on with it. Big Hugs

SIDL02

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 01:29:55 AM »

Hi Starla,

I just wanted to reach out to you and tell you just how much I understand what you're going through and how hard it is.
I'm 42 and going through the same experience as you and it's tough going.  Made all the more difficult by not having any family or friends going through the same and the feelings of isolation that it brings. I hope you have managed to gain some strength from the support on here.  If you want to someone to talk too private please feel free to contact me.  I can't make it go away but I can provide you support from someone who knows exactly what you're going through.

Andrea xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6