Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on continous hrt  (Read 1289 times)

paula50

Bleeding on continous hrt
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »

Have been on Kliofem now for approx 9 months and have suddenly this week had some bleeding! I'm not sure if I've possibly missed one tablet (other half found one on the floor but wasn't sure if it was one of his vitamin d tablets or one of mine as they look similar). My question is would missing just one tablet be enough to cause the bleeding? I changed from elleste duet 1mg because I was getting terrible monthly mood swings, almost suicidal. I was having irregular bleeding on the elleste duet so had a scan at the beginning of this year and everything was fine so I'm not overly worried just wondering why I would suddenly be bleeding!

Hurdity

Re: Bleeding on continous hrt
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:21:48 PM »

Hi paula50

Were you on Elleste Duet conti or the one that gives a withdrawal bleed? Kliofem is for post-menopausal women ( or sometimes started very late peri-menopause I gather) so if you are not yet post-menopausal then your natural cycle could be kicking in and stopping a tablet could well cause a bit of bleeding, if your womb lining has developed enough. If you are using continuous combined HRT and are post-menopausal and the bleeding has come on after more than 6 months of using it then it is important to consult your doctor.

You might want to get checked out anyway but if you are still peri-menopausal then it is highly unlikely to be anything to worry about - especially as you have been scanned recently.

Hurdity x