Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Peppermint Essential Oil - Relieving Hot Flushes  (Read 4362 times)

Flossie

Peppermint Essential Oil - Relieving Hot Flushes
« on: May 15, 2017, 11:11:02 PM »

Hi, I've read that a quick squirt of peppermint oil mixed with water will help to alleviate the horrid feeling of a hot flush. Has anyone actually experienced this or found it to be beneficial. I have been taking Black Cohosh for a week and found my flushes to have increased !!

Dancinggirl

Re: Peppermint Essential Oil - Relieving Hot Flushes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 08:08:31 AM »

Peppermint oil is good for the digestion - great for IBS and heartburn. Might help a bit if getting flushes after eating.
HRT is the only thing that will keep flushes under control. Beware of herbal remedies for too long as they can have toxic effects. The increase in flushes will be a further drop in oestrogen levels and oestrogen levels will fluctuate and decline until bottoming out around 2 years past your last period. DG x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:09:05 PM »

Hi Stellajane - yes still off HRT. Struggling with various health issues right now but won't go back on HRT - simply too much hassle for me now.
I've been having problems with my digestive system and peppermint oil has been great. DG x

DaisyB

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:57:42 PM »

Flossy- good quality peppermint oil (organic if you can get) couple drops in oil rubbed to back of neck - then cup hands and breath deep.

DaisyB x

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:12:56 PM »

Agree with DaisyB, a few drops in your hand, rub together and then rub the sides/back of your neck. Cup your hands together and inhale.  Apparently it takes away hunger pangs too!

DaisyB

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »

Hadn't heard about hunger pangs  ::)  damn I've gained 4lbs I've ate so much  ;D  should have tried my peppermint oil but it sat in the shelf on hols 8)  must be this estrogen as I've never gained weight like this before!

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 10:06:39 AM »

Weight gain is my biggest issue just now :(