Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post menapause  (Read 1772 times)

wiggles99

Post menapause
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:30:51 PM »

I have been in and out of this site for years and it has helped me immensely.  It has given me a sense of relief when I hear that other women have the same symptoms, I know I'm not going crackers with all these aches and pains different emotions from day to day.
I haven't had a period for over 2 years, so you can say I have gone through menopause, my question is I still have aches and pains, I still
feel anxious sometimes, still have night sweats every night, still feel tearful and many more.  When do they go away, do any other ladies still have symptoms. They are not as bad but are still there.  Do they deplete over time and eventually cease.
Please help then I know I am not the only one.   ;D ;D ;D

jmj

Re: Post menapause
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:42:34 PM »

I am 2-3 years post meno, and my symptoms only got worse and worse. I gave up a couple of months ago and started HRT. I am already sleeping better, anxiety is going down, hot flushes are almost gone, and I'm hoping odd pains (mostly hip and ankle) will lessen also.

wiggles99

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »

Really I didn't know you could go on hrt after the menopause, I thought it was just while you went through it. I was on it 4 years ago but it made me bleed all the time but it instantly stopped my flushes. So it was the lesser of the two evils. Now I had stopped the periods, I wonder if I could take it again as it was great. I also think you can tell when your hormones are depleting as it's the same pattern, well with me it is.  Aching joints and muscles, shortness of breath tearful.  God I wish it would end.

Karen max

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »

Hi
   For me it has been the same in 3 yrs post menopause and have got more symptoms over the last year than I have ever had , anixty and low mood hit me really bad ,I also suffer from arthritis so aches and pains are normal everyday life for me...I have been on anti depressants for years but this anixty is unreal, doc give me propanol which I take 20mgs 3times a day but don't seem to be touching the anixty... silly me thought that after period stopped that would be me on the road back to normal-ish kind of life again,doc just informed me last week that after the 1st without periods is normally the time when symptoms get worse.....what a rollercoaster,when will it end

Kaz x

jmj

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 05:21:34 PM »

Why don't you try again, now that the hormones fluctuations stopped? I was on progesterone cream only for some time, it helped a bit in the beginning but not much. Now I am on Estrogel 2 pumps and Prometrium (Utrogestan in UK) pil. It already made a big difference.

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 06:46:33 PM »

I'm 2-3 years post meno and my symptoms never calmed down.  Oestrogen + testosterone has given me my life back