Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IBS (C) and laxatives  (Read 5358 times)

babyjane

Re: IBS (C) and laxatives
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »

yes, thank you.  It is called Ortis, I looked it up.  bit pricey!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 11:46:58 AM »

If it works you won't need to eat many, Mum gets by with half a cube a couple of times a week.  Once the bowel gets started it should pick up on it's own.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 11:47:26 AM »

Wombat - maybe a thread of your own - do tell where you've been ;-)

coldethyl

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »

I found Dr Moseley's recently published book about the gut interesting in that it charts how long foods stay in the stomach before being allowed to progress through the digestive tract.  Of course, I can't remember the name of the book  ::)

Think it's the gut diet - it is a quick read and lots of good tips on improving diet to help gut issues as well as weight .
As an aside I assume you have mentioned changes to GP - it's easy to assume everything is just IBS but changes in bowel habits do need investigating- June is a long time ago now to be still struggling x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »

:thankyou:  coldethyl

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 01:00:42 PM »

Thank you coldethyl, I hear where you are coming from. Yes I flagged it up to my GP, I have had a colonoscopy in the last couple of years and the fecal occult blood test earlier this year.

I suspect my system is out of sync as it is very sensitive to change and stress and such.  It is also very sensitive to dips in my thyroid levels but my endocrinologist keeps a close eye on it.

coldethyl

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 01:08:35 PM »

Thank you coldethyl, I hear where you are coming from. Yes I flagged it up to my GP, I have had a colonoscopy in the last couple of years and the fecal occult blood test earlier this year.

I suspect my system is out of sync as it is very sensitive to change and stress and such.  It is also very sensitive to dips in my thyroid levels but my endocrinologist keeps a close eye on it.

Good that you are being looked after - the latest research on correct foods for a good microbiome is fascinating ( well I've found it so ) - lots of good introductory info on the Moseley book and not to scientific - have you tried the glycerol pessaries you get from chemist - I have them occasionally as having a loop ileostomy means some stuff does still get into colon but not enough to go normally more often than not - they work by drawing moisture into bowel and do work quite quickly - can hurt a bit at first till they dissolve but the relief makes up for that - ask your pharmacist or GP x

babyjane

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 01:24:10 PM »

:thankyou:
Pages: 1 [2]