Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help with early morning adrenaline?  (Read 1636 times)

rebel2

Help with early morning adrenaline?
« on: August 28, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »

I have recently had lots of supportive messages on another thread about stomach issues and trapped wind; it has now developed into an hour or two of adrenaline surges in the early morning.

I've had it before and have no idea why it went away so am looking for some top tips.  I think it is now what is upsetting my stomach and giving me this weird feeling under my left rib.   I have experienced severe stress and healthy anxiety recently so it is not surprising I'm 'not myself'.

I could handle the outside stress [just] as it is easing day by day, but that and health anxiety/stomach issues is tipping me over the edge..

babyjane

Re: Help with early morning adrenaline?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 10:29:02 AM »

It is my own experience that stress can, and will, cause stomach issues which then cause more stress.  My digestive system has not been functioning correctly since June due to  an anxious and over busy few months with family holidays and events and blips with medication and diet, which are all over now but my system will take time to settle down. 

The last 2 days I have notices less surges in the morning so I am hopeful it is on the mend.

rebel2

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 10:34:10 AM »

I am also hoping that mine will settle now some of the external stress has abated.   I just feel very fragile this morning and my health anxiety means that anything I read/see about illness means I worry.  I'm a bit of nutter at the moment!

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 11:08:32 AM »

I'm with you rebel, I've had bad bloating and discomfort under left rib for a few weeks now and then it's been swapped by indigestion !

I'm majorly stressed right now with moving / married/ honeymoon all in the space of 2 weeks, it all kicks off in 2 weekends time, so I'm putting these ailments down to that

I'm taking deflatine for bloating and ranitidine for indigestion

rebel2

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »

Thanks Annie, whilst I hope you get better soon [particularly as you have something lovely to look forward to!] it is immensely reassuring and comforting to know I am not alone.

I hope you will come back and share details of your big day.  Good luck!  I am also due to move having just sold house - it's a tense process!

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 12:09:49 PM »

I never want to move again, this is horrendous, we've got nowhere to move because of boxes !

Thank you, hope yours resolves too x

rebel2

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 09:56:37 AM »

No adrenaline this morning!  Went out last night and felt fine when having a laugh with friends, so all symptoms must be anxiety driven and slightly psychosomatic.   Have stitch type feeling under left rib again, but am going to assume it is the end of my current troubles and will die away over the next couple of days.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »

Early morning adrenaline is often caused by cortisol (I think) which is the waking up hormone!  So by the end of the day that hormone has gone to sleep.  I did find that by being out with people or even meeting the girls behind the tills in the shop helped boost adrenaline in a good way so that I felt lighter in mood!