Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: puffy eyes  (Read 1633 times)

Katia

puffy eyes
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:20:52 AM »

I'm on estrogel and it's giving me really bad puffy, swollen eyes.  I feel like my eyes aren't at all focused.
I had a week off and it went away.  Started the gel again and it's come back.  I had put it down to thinking it was hay fever, or possibly the utrogestan, but it's the gel.  Anyone else have this?  Does it go away?  I was on it for about 6 weeks and it hadn't.  I'm wondering if I have an allergy to one of the inactive ingredients. 

Hurdity

Re: puffy eyes
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »

Sounds like an allergy to something Katia - hopefully things have improved?

Hurdity x

CaroleM

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 05:56:54 PM »

Katia, see your GP at once. This really sounds like an allergic reaction and quite a nasty at that.

Brighteyes

Katia

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:30:14 PM »

I have emailed the consultant several times and I spoke with my GP. All my GO will say is that the consultant says I need to stick at it. I'm frustrated. I know the difference when something just has a pen adjustment time and something isn't agreeing with me. I've felt this gel didn't work for me from the beginning. I've cut the gel back to 1/4 a pump and am just using Utrogestan. All the problems have gone away, even the night sweats, the grogginess and hot flushes, and to think I thought it was  Utrogestan that was the problem

dangermouse

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 05:26:50 PM »

Inflammation in any part of the body, if all else ruled out, can be from high oestrogen so this all makes sense.

Also, it seems a lot of women on here who have problems with the gel are ok when they switch to patches in case you've not tried them. Maybe the gel absorbs too quickly and your body (brain) over-reacts?

Or you just may be in early peri and not need the oestrogen.