Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Feel so low and panic attacks  (Read 16474 times)

Peroxideblader

Re: Feel so low and panic attacks
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2017, 06:13:09 PM »

Lady daviot...same as lil said my private dentist has made me several mouth guards as I suffer from trigeminal neuralgia so I have constant tooth nerve pain and grind me teeth then add the not sleeping and it's made it worse. Sadly I've tried all the guards hard and soft and very expensive ones and none work for me pain wise..but they do protect your teeth it's just they make my jaw pain worse so I can't wear one ....they take a bit of getting used to sleeping in one and they do make you drool haha but they do protect your teeth and your dentist can arrange one for you. I think NHS dentist can supply a basic one for much cheaper than private. Make an appt you shouldn't be waiting months

babyjane

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2017, 07:07:17 PM »

I had one for tooth grinding, I bit through it in 8 weeks so it was a bit of a waste of money.  I don't grind my teeth any more now, it just seemed to stop by itself.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2017, 07:16:08 PM »

You can get a hard guard and you can't bite through that it's like concrete but it's more uncomfy at first to wear...sometimes grinding is just during times of stress and does come and go...

Lady Daviot

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2017, 07:53:52 PM »

Hi ladies, my dentist is NHS and I would pay for a private mouth guard, I think he is concerned about the length of time that the grinding had gone on for and hence why he wants me to see a consultant also. I also need to challenge my GP ( when I get the 10 min app ) and see if I can be checked again for iron, thyroid etc but also sleep apnea. I do think that I am a stress head and I try not to be. This website had been a life saver to me as I still Dr Google and I think it is because GP's don't have the time to help with the entwined menopausal symptoms. I try to walk through low moods and if I am really anxious I take a diazepam but now probably won't as concerned about sedatives and link to sleep apnea, although it could be relaxing my grinding  :-\ I am hoping for a sleep tonight and not counting the amount of times my cat comes and goes through the cat flap. Work was hard today and I just wished for a afternoon nap, no chance with an 8 year old. I am going to try and be proactive in getting my grinding sorted out and to establish if I have any sleep problems that leave me so exhausted that I can snooze again at 10am - Really!

babyjane

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2017, 08:17:03 AM »

I was referred to the Max Fax consultant who referred me back to the physio department where I was given exercises to help relax my TMJ muscles which, in turn, reduced the spasms causing my grinding.

peri

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:16 AM »

Just catching up with this thread and wanted to add to it.  I had a lovely mum but unfortunately she died young, I miss her every day.  Around the time she was dying of cancer I started to grind my teeth - must have been due to the anxiety, but I was never aware of it, I only knew because my dentist pointed it out.  I have never been able to kick the habit (mainly because I only do it when I'm in a deep sleep) so I wear gum shields at night permanently.  I bite through them in about 2 years and then just replace them.  It's just something I have live with I guess - hope this helps x

babyjane

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »

thank you peri  :foryou: come to think of it I started grinding in 2003 and mum died early 2004 after 11 months illness.  I stopped grinding about 2 years later with the help of the exercises I mentioned and stress levels got less.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2017, 10:27:44 AM »

Lady Daviot - maybe make a double appt at the end of the GP working day so that you don't feel rushed, also, do take a list of symptoms with you and report back!

Butterfly22

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »

Yes funny I started about 18 years ago when I got my first gum shield and was in an bad realisionship and ME and menapause started bet that was all factors! I did put my gum shield in boiling water to clean it!!! Big mistake 😂😂😂

CLKD

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2017, 03:57:16 PM »

Whoops  ;D

Peroxideblader

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2017, 06:52:40 PM »

It's the hardest habit ti break grinding as we do it asleep.  I started when I was 15 and was on deaths door so my teeth were the last thing on my mind but it's carried on all through my life hence a lot of work done to smashed broken teeth but then when I had the medical negligence 10 years ago I got tmj and trigeminal neuralgia so spent a few years I  and out of maxillofscial having various mouth guards ending uo with a device attached to my front teeth that repositioned my jaw but after months of pain it made my jaw and tmj much worse so I stopped all together.  But get your dentist to make one for you to try out a soft plastic one then build yourself up to the hardest one.

Lady Daviot

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2017, 08:26:11 PM »

Thanks all for your very helpful comments and suggestions and sorry to hijack this thread, once you start with one concern, more seem to pure out. I am going to try and see the GP this week but you have to stalk the reception desk in person at 8am to get an app as the next routine is 3 weeks away. I will keep you all posted.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2017, 11:04:55 AM »

Good luck keep us posted I'm the same I can't get to doctors til a week Friday and I booked it last week.  Let  us know how you get on

CLKD

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2017, 12:23:41 PM »

Maybe register with your Surgery on-line so that you can book directly?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]