Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Large snakes on the loose!  (Read 2832 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Large snakes on the loose!
« on: September 03, 2021, 12:44:42 PM »

Two constrictors of over 8ft long have been found wandering in a Cambridgeshire village, 3 days apart.  1 was removed from a tree having been seen heading into undergrowth by a cyclist  :o.  I wouldn't have hung around, me ............  :D

The other was found in a similar area.  It is thought that someone is letting his collection into the wild  :o  :(.  So keep cat flaps and windows CLOSED in that area!  Bring small furries inside, i.e. rabbits and guinea pigs.  In case there will be others let loose.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 12:46:16 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

Re: Large snakes on the loose!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 12:46:07 PM »

A second 10ft-long python has been rescued close to where another was found just four days earlier.

The latest was spotted on a country lane in Conington, Cambridgeshire, on Monday and the RSPCA urged people to stay vigilant in case there were more.

The charity said it was likely both were either abandoned or escaped from the same place.  The first had a minor health condition while the second was "extremely cold" and thin, but both were recovering.

RSPCA Inspector Justin Stubbs said: "It is really concerning to think that someone has kept these pythons, then might have decided to abandon them in this cruel and callous way.
"I only hope that there are no more on the loose."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 06:12:40 PM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 04:12:37 PM »

"I only hope that there are no more on the loose.
Me too   ;D

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 06:13:28 PM »

The very thought of seeing a reptile being seen crossing a road makes my skin crawl  ;D especially *that* size!  It would take 2 men to lift from a tree  :o