Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: LACK OF ESTROGEN MAKING BOTTOM VERY SORE.  (Read 39791 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: LACK OF ESTROGEN MAKING BOTTOM VERY SORE.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 08:36:44 PM »

:-\ Anusol  :-\

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 09:17:39 PM »

Thanks will try that.

Ljp

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »

Anusol doesn't do much to help mine to be honest.
I think anything too moist makes mine worse.
Today I bought some metanium nappy rash cream, and it's feeling a lot better, fingers crossed!

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 07:47:11 PM »

You are all so knowledgeable on this site. Pleased my itching has decreased, wiith my Pranicure cream. Start week 4 of using it tomorrow. The leaflet does say it can take up to 5 weeks or slightly longer. Hopefully, it will eventually ease the soreness from sitting. Just feels like a friction burn. Anyone else have this? Try not to sit too much, but not easy when out with friends.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »

Was there any sign of worms  :-\  ???

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 06:30:10 AM »

No, no sign of worms. I did take two of the tablets the Doctor prescribed. Tests fof thrush were also clear. Thanks for the reply.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 11:55:59 AM »

Hopefully you have found something that will continue to ease symptoms, keep using it! 

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 08:00:19 PM »

Having posted before about personal itching thought it time for an update. Itching is less prevalent but I am very sore in the bottom/ anal area.  Am sure what I have is Puritus Ani. Can this be caused by a lack of estrogen? My VA has completely gone, now plagued with the itching in the anal/ bottom area. Doctors thought thrush and that has been treated with hydrocortisone creams and canesten. Have taken the worm tablets. Am now trying Pranicure ointment bought online and am hoping this works. Does take 1 - 5 weeks to heal the skin. Anyone else tried this cream? Hoping it is my miracle cure. I seem to get rid of one menopausal ailment and get another. Guess we are all in the same boat.  Replies appreciated.

Hi,

I know this is an old post but wanted to ask you honest opinion on Pranicure.  I am distracted with anal itch and the creams prescribed by doctor are only ok for a while.  It's an expensive cream but if it works I'd buy it.  Any thoughts greatly appreciated x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 08:03:08 PM »

How often to you apply what your GP prescribes?  Sometimes it needs putting on in small amounts every hour until symtpoms ease.  Maybe have a look-C to see if the ingredients in Pranicure against what is in your current medication?

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »

How often to you apply what your GP prescribes?  Sometimes it needs putting on in small amounts every hour until symtpoms ease.  Maybe have a look-C to see if the ingredients in Pranicure against what is in your current medication?

I used the canisten I was given after every toilet visit.  It does not help longterm though and shouldn't be used longterm as it can make things worse by thinning the skin.   I've used anusol to no relief but have found the best relief with anacare but it too seems to have stopped being as effective.  Fed up with doctors.  They just seem clueless when you mention itching skin.

Maryjane

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2020, 05:49:31 PM »

Lichen sclerosus can just affect the anal area so needs a vulva dermatologist potentially to rule it out , as you don’t always get whiteness with LS very often itching & soreness & can get missed.

Lyncola

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2020, 09:21:45 AM »

Hi Ladies,

My bottom can at times feel itchy and other times sore. But I do have piles and at times fissures.
Both which can make you feel I need to give my ass a good scratch at times.

I’ve been using Yes VB sometimes on my bottom and Olive and Bee, I figure they couldn’t do much harm? I do use piles cream (but that should only be use for piles and fissures, and can only be use for 7 days)

Have you tried a spritz bath? I find sitting in a shadow water about 5cm with half a cup of salt for 15 minutes. Couple times a day, great for after you poo, it might help.

:bighug:

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2020, 04:31:01 PM »

Hi Ladies,

My bottom can at times feel itchy and other times sore. But I do have piles and at times fissures.
Both which can make you feel I need to give my ass a good scratch at times.

I’ve been using Yes VB sometimes on my bottom and Olive and Bee, I figure they couldn’t do much harm? I do use piles cream (but that should only be use for piles and fissures, and can only be use for 7 days)

Have you tried a spritz bath? I find sitting in a shadow water about 5cm with half a cup of salt for 15 minutes. Couple times a day, great for after you poo, it might help.

:bighug:

Thankyou, got some different things from doctor today so we'll see how it goes.  Yes I do have a sitz bath. 

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »

Lichen sclerosus can just affect the anal area so needs a vulva dermatologist potentially to rule it out , as you don’t always get whiteness with LS very often itching & soreness & can get missed.

Ok thanks

JeanneA

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2020, 09:45:41 AM »

I have just been put on Vagifem pesseries due to vaginal atrophy.  Does this medication help?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4