Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 2270 times)

Dawn3129

Anxiety
« on: February 29, 2024, 07:58:28 AM »

6 weeks on fluoxetine now and the last week was good but back to square one now. I'm scared I'm resistant to meds has anyone had any luck on any of them for anxiety and ptsd? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 09:07:04 AM »

1 isn't resistant to ADs or anti-anxiety meds .  How is your cycle?

Who is over seeing your PTSD?

Dawn3129

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 01:02:38 PM »

Actually got a new Dr today who was lovely and has put me forward for talk therapy for my ptsd and grief.
Upped my meds to 60 with a three week plan that if there's no change she's switching me to mirtazipine? X

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 01:43:01 PM »

Tnx for the update :-))).  It makes a huge difference when we feel listened to.  I was in the Waiting Room this morning to see a Nurse, our GP put his head round the door to acknowledge me.

How long will you need to wait for any appt.?  Have U ever been advised to keep a journal where you can rant as well as keeping notes to see if there are particular triggers?  I found venting really useful  :-\ ........ for 18 months I poured out feelings, when I read it years later B4 shredding  :o ....... it did help though.

I suffer with both organic and clinical depression and my ecistalopram keeps me even most days.  A friend took Mirtazipine with great success following a bereavement.

Let us know how you get on.

Dawn3129

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 03:06:38 PM »

Thank you fir always caring. I hate that we suffer like this - I would rather lose a leg and feel sane. Yeah gp was lovely just hope a med works soon it's exhausting x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 04:02:13 PM »

It can B exhausting.  As I come down from panic I wee a lot: copious amounts every 10 mins.. 

If U find that 60 is too much then mayB alternate ........

Dawn3129

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 06:05:44 PM »

I'm willing to try anything to regain some normality. Oh no weeing all the time must be frustrating x

Minicat

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2024, 07:30:17 AM »

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Finding the right medication for anxiety and PTSD can be challenging, and it often involves some trial and error.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2024, 12:32:56 PM »

I'm used to the 10 min copious seeing sessions but it means that I'm coming down from the intense panic attacks.