Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sore knees and hips  (Read 1592 times)

nearly50

Sore knees and hips
« on: July 21, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »

Knees and hips have been so sore this week and I'm wondering if I've overdone the vitamin supplementation. I'm taking 5000 IU Vitamin D (didn't realise it was so much), two lots of magnesium, calcium and zinc. I am going to ditch them all for a wee while and see if it makes any difference but wondered if anyone had the same problems?

could be just me estrogen taking a dip  - I'm in peri but there have been a few changes in the past month and hot flushes have started for real now!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sore knees and hips
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 05:32:05 PM »

I believe that as oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  How were your joints as you entered peri., can you remember? 

I think that the body rids itself of any supplements that it doesn't require except Iron, maybe speak with a Pharmacist and check what you are taking?

nearly50

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 05:41:47 PM »

Joint pain was pretty bad just before peri kicked in, about  4 years ago. A lot of it was posture related though and much improved through physio. This is deep pain in both knees and hips. I'll ditch them all and see what happens, could do with a break anyway. This better not be the next stage though, officially had enough of  ever changing symptoms.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »

How is your posture?   For about 12 months I had deep burning pain which would wake me in the night, was ages discovering why!  It was due to my bending over when we go to antique fairs, some of the cabinets are quite low and if full of silvery things, means I spend time bent over.  It was enough to make me shout 'oh' so sharp a pain that it came out silently, fortunately  ::)

Have you tried over-the-counter pain relief?

nearly50

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 07:48:08 AM »

My posture is pretty bad, gone back to all my bad habits of having a heavy bag on one shoulder, crossing my legs while at my PC. need to concentrate more. Think I might've just lifted something the wrong way though, my memory is so bad now I don't remember. I also have a huge bruise on my leg - maybe I get up during the night and act out my crazy dreams.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »

OHHH ERRRR ...... I don't remember my dream from last night which is un-usual  ::)

How's the soreness today?