Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie - need advice on tiredness (currently on Kliofem)  (Read 14248 times)

prestige

Newbie - need advice on tiredness (currently on Kliofem)
« on: June 19, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »

Just to say I have been a lurker for quite some time and have found this forum to be a fountain of information.
I am 46 and my periods stopped in November 2016. By March 2017 I was suffering really badly with night sweats and hot flushes so I was put on Kliofem by GP.

I have been on Kliofem for the past 3 months, and tonight I have my review with my GP. Although HRT has been brilliant at getting rid of the hot flushes\night sweats, I tend to suffer muscle weakness\tiredness and bouts of diarrhea (this thankfully only lasts for 24 hours), about every two weeks for a 2-4 days. I have no idea why this happens, as I am a keen exerciser and I believe I eat a very good diet.

I'm really keen to hear from anyone who are experiencing the same symptoms and what (if anything) they do to alleviate it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie - need advice on tiredness (currently on Kliofem)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:13:33 PM »

:welcomemm:

browse round, make notes.  Prior to each bleed I would have an attack of 'the runs' even when a Period wasn't due  >:( so no travelling for me!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »

Hi prestige.

Firstly I am wondering why your doc has prescribed Kliofem as this is for post menopausal women i.e. at least a year since your last period? We have had cases in the past where the wrong HRT has been prescribed. At your age and as you are within a year of your last period I feel that you should be on a sequential HRT - one which gives you a monthly withdrawal bleed - as this will keep your womb lining thin. This is important to rule out the risk of endometrial cancer should the lining become too thick. Of course there may be a particular reason that your GP has prescribed this for you.

I'm not sure on your symptoms of diarrhoea but have you kept a food diary? You may find that there is a trigger - something hidden and which may seem quite innocuous which is causing the tummy problems. Has your doc referred you further testing?

I'm sure someone will be along soon with more technical knowledge as to why the Kliofem could be giving you the tummy symptoms on a regular basis as diarrhoea is so getting-on-with-life limiting!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

prestige

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »

I went to see my doctor last night for a 3 month review of Kliofem.
I have to say I was not impressed. I told him that it had cured my night sweats and that I was sleeping fine now. However, about every 10-14 days I get a bout of tiredness/nausea (like morning sickness) to which he said....do you want to give up completely???

I was horrified he did not want to even look at giving me an alternative.

Eventually, after I said I felt Estelle duet would be better, he agreed and prescribed it.

I just wanted to know if there are ladies out there who have found their tiredness and nausea has subsided after taking Estelle Duet?

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:14:28 PM »

Nausea is often caused by the pill form of HRT and if this is the case, and you don't improve on this new HRT, then patches or gel may be the way forward as they aren't metabolised by the liver but go straight into the blood stream, thus lessening any digestive problems.

I think that the progesterone in Elleste is the same as the one in Kliofem and this particular progesterone can cause some women problems so don't despair if you don't begin to feel better as you can always ask for an HRT with a different progesterone in.

Is the Elleste a sequi HRT as I feel this is what you need at your age?

Taz x

Katia

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 08:21:04 PM »

I find I seem to get diarrhoea if my estrogen is too low, but I think you can get it if it's too high as well so it may just be if your hormones are not quite balanced.

prestige

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »

Hi ladies,

I'm desperately looking for some advice. I used to be on Kilofem (3 months) but my doctor switched to Elleste duet sequi as I was suffering from tiredness, as if I am walking through quick sand. I have been on it for 14 days, so I am not at the green pill stage yet. I have to say the first 14 days were great. I was symptom free and I even got my libido back (hubby very happy!!)

For the past 2 nights I have had horrendous anxiety, nausea,crashing fatigue, but I feel really wired up, so I can't get to sleep. I have also been very weepy which is so unlike me.

I had a fasting blood test today, just to rule out any other condition that is causing my tiredness. I also have a GP appointment on Friday to get the results.

I just need some advice regarding HRT - is it worth preserving, or do I demand to be put on a different type of HRT?

Any shred of advice will be greatly received.

Prestige xx

Tapnut45

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 08:22:07 PM »

Hi Taz2, I've just looked up Elleste-Duet, and it is a sequi one, has tabs just with estradiol in for the first 16 days of the cycle, then combined ones with norethisterone in as well for the last 12 days of each cycle. I think that's the one prestige is taking now?
Re the diarrhoea thing, I don't know if this is relevant or not, but prior to being peri, and fairly normal periods, I would tend to get constipated while I was due on, then when my period came it went the other way for a day or two! Weird. I assumed it was to with progesterone but don't know why.